• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.

Typhoon Tip

27 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

This is why we said euro was too cold. This is how these events work. 

The euro wasn’t even in the ball park at all. Neither was the GFS.  SWFE are usually very nice here. This isn’t gonna be like the run of the mill SWFE, it’s gonna be a lousy one.  This isn’t how SWFE usually work here at all.   Unfortunately This is the ‘22 version of one. This season everything is a mess. 

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

They can be tough there as 2007-2009 showed. Need latitude.

Scott, more times than not in SWFE I do quite well…then we sleet a bit and freezing drizzle, and done. Solid events here most times for sure. In fact over the last 10 years they’ve been quite good with 8-9” many times.  This will be a shitty one. Enjoy the 5-8” 

5 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Scott, more times than not in SWFE I do quite well…then we sleet a bit and freezing drizzle, and done. Solid events here most times for sure. In fact over the last 10 years they’ve been quite good with 8-9” many times.  This will be a shitty one. Enjoy the 5-8” 

Sharpen those claws.

• Haha 1

There’s not many swfe where south of 90 does well. Occasionally one drops 6-8”. I thought yesterday this might be one of those . Kicking myself for not sticking with the Nam. I will never do that again. I bought it for days and then these guys talked me out of it and to toss it. Swfe are rarely kind to SNE until you’re way up north of 90

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

There’s not many swfe where south of 90 does well. Occasionally one drops 6-8”. I thought yesterday this might be one of those . Kicking myself for not sticking with the Nam. I will never do that again. I bought it for days and then these guys talked me out of it and to toss it. Swfe are rarely kind to SNE until you’re way up north of 90

I have to disagree on that Kev.  I’ve done quite well with many over the last decade. 6,8 and even 10 inch amounts quite a few times. They are decent here for the most part..not double digits, but plenty decent. This one blows though. Ahh well, you win some and lose some. 

4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I have to disagree on that Kev.  I’ve done quite well with many over the last decade. 6,8 and even 10 inch amounts quite a few times. They are decent here for the most part..not double digits, but plenty decent. This one blows though. Ahh well, you win some and lose some. 

I can’t think of any that dropped double digits. And I’m well NE of you 

Dying primary is now south of SYR and large areas of moderate snow across eastern Ontario and upstate NY should get pulled into the coastal circulation rapidly now, the entire storm consolidates by 00z into one low south of NS with a trailing wave east of BOS, my feeling is that some of this snowfall is going to be pulled southeast across VT and s NH, northern parts of MA later this afternoon, could keep snowfall rates fairly good in places where some seem to be saying only 1" more to come? Would say 3-5" more is quite realistic. Should play out quickly as the upper trof is moving at warp speed.

• Like 1