• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.

Typhoon Tip

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

Of course it does, You're in Northern Maine, Gods country......:)

My wife and I went up there years ago for a job interview I had. I absolutely loved it up there! It was February and the lakes were frozen over. I had never experienced frozen lakes being transformed into public roads. The food was fantastic and the people were so genuine and friendly. I was excitedly talking about it in the car and then all of a sudden my wife started sobbing. It was too remote for her. :( My dream of being a northern Mainer was dashed. But, wow, God's country is right. The Great Outdoors!

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

My wife and I went up there years ago for a job interview I had. I absolutely loved it up there! It was February and the lakes were frozen over. I had never experienced frozen lakes being transformed into public roads. The food was fantastic and the people were so genuine and friendly. I was excitedly talking about it in the car and then all of a sudden my wife started sobbing. It was too remote for her. :( My dream of being a northern Mainer was dashed. But, wow, God's country is right. The Great Outdoors!

I would react the same as you and my wife would react the same as your wife did.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

I would react the same as you and my wife would react the same as your wife did.

Thanks for sharing. The final trigger for her was when we driving down a road for an hour and not one single car went past, other than a lumber truck that ZOOMED past us at what seemed like 100 mph. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I have a friend who’s 27 yo daughter is moving to Presque Isle this summer. Her boyfriend bought a concrete casting company up there. Even though she grew up in rural, northern Vermont in a town of 800, she’s in for a bit of a shock I think. Presque Isle at least has the college. It’s not often you see twenty-something’s moving into that area. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I have a friend who’s 27 yo daughter is moving to Presque Isle this summer. Her boyfriend bought a concrete casting company up there. Even though she grew up in rural, northern Vermont in a town of 800, she’s in for a bit of a shock I think. Presque Isle at least has the college. It’s not often you see twenty-something’s moving into that area. 

Yeah, that drive from Aroostook down to Bangor for what I imagine would be all the "bigger city" commodities seemed like a looooooong one. I loved Fort Kent and Houlton though.

52 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

Forget warm/cold... ~25% decrease in qpf across the board... weird NAM run

Bumped up QPF to the north... good mid-level signals up north as the H5 and H7 vorts track just under here with the northern side of the circulation right overhead.  Mesoband from west to east from SLK to BML?

nam-218-all-vt-total_precip_inch-5855200.thumb.png.b39c90159e66e29cea0795ad09281e30.png

• Like 1