• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.

Typhoon Tip

Let me also remind y'all ... for the 1,034th time ... the NAM's 48 + range tends to NW bias with synoptic features.    I mean that's part and parcel in why the NAM cannot be trusted overall, in this time range of present cycle ... because for other reasons aside, that one right there is a consummate correction. 

We don't seem to argue about that when all models are out to sea, and it is the lone model that has coastal clipping the area at 78 hours - go wonder.. .But, this run strikes me as almost meaningless due to that model's tenured bias, until such time as Euro/GFS blend ( and the GGEM's been very agreeable too - ), do the same.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Christ ..hahaha...  over a 72+ hour NAM, where/whence synoptic precision - no less... - is the requirement? 

You guys are eye-shifting around like Gollum slithers between the lichen covered rocks of middle-modeled earth seeking the precious paranoia    

It sniffs warm layers out better than folks sniffing undies 

• Confused 3
  • Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It sniffs warm layers out better than folks sniffing undies 

It does ... but this system has some unique synoptic aspects that off-set .. .The NAM's NW bias is competing and it's re-orienting the flow away from other guidance' that are proven superior at this range, just so it can sniff -  mm ... red flag.  

In other words, it seems likely - to me - that it is wrong in the first place, so the warm tongues won't be there anyway - I haven't actually seen the run, just sayn'. 

That said, even in these solutions, it's still an impacting winter storm - ...it's hyper focusing either way. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cold Miser said:

Excited on 2" of snow and sleet fest?  

Actually I wouldn’t mind that much. It would be interesting. But in all the years of my living I’ve never seen a “sleet fest” before.

And I just changed my moms headlights from “Sylvania Basic 9005” to “Sylvania Silverstar 9005”. 

• Haha 1

Just now, IowaStorm05 said:

Actually I wouldn’t mind that much. It would be interesting. But in all the years of my living I’ve never seen a “sleet fest” before.

And I just changed my moms headlights from “Sylvania Basic 9005” to “Sylvania Silverstar 9005”. 

I hope those are the powerful LED lights that blind me from behind through the rearview mirror.  I like obnoxiously bright headlights.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 2

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Why must you weenies post the Kuchera? What is it about it? Do you get aroused when posting it? Like sleeping with 1995 Carmen Electra? Christ. Stop with that shit.

The Kuchera is more useful than 10:1 in for areas in the battle zone in mixing events it’s generally been less than 10:1 for CT. 

5 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

I hope those are the powerful LED lights that blind me from behind through the rearview mirror.  I like obnoxiously bright headlights.

Hopefully you have an auto-dimming rear view mirror that, like mine, does not dim.  It makes things all the more fun when you have someone with their LED high-beams on behind you for ten miles.

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I’d wait for the rest of the 12z suite before that declaration 

Yeah the NAM could be right with the further north vort track...if it is, then other guidance will start bringing the sleet further north. But if it's wrong on the vort, it will be wrong on the thermals.

15 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It does ... but this system has some unique synoptic aspects that off-set .. .The NAM's NW bias is competing and it's re-orienting the flow away from other guidance' that are proven superior at this range, just so it can sniff -  mm ... red flag.  

In other words, it seems likely - to me - that it is wrong in the first place, so the warm tongues won't be there anyway - I haven't actually seen the run, just sayn'. 

That said, even in these solutions, it's still an impacting winter storm - ...it's hyper focusing either way. 

Yea, not bad

image.thumb.png.0f723a4d3504bed819d341bc7518d898.png

• Like 3

People be like desperate, well not exactly desperate but begging for some action.
I'm 80F down here at 10am., got to love Floridah, yes "dah" might have to move. Sell the property for maybe 700k, start over to an area conducive to season changes. People here are crazy! Only if my health was better.               
Spring is Springing unfortunately have had several killing hard freezes. The sensitive semi-tropical plants took a major hit.

Another model hugging clusterfk, more things change the more they stay the same. It's trackable. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Looks like a high end SWFE/low end Miller B. Position and strength of surface high is pretty classic for a Miller B, but the shortwave and jet are much further north than the classic setup. 

Result is a prolonged easterly surface fetch off the Atlantic but with very cold temps mixing down from 850 - areas in eastern new england that stay snow will easily see a foot. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ROOSTA said:

People be like desperate, well not exactly desperate but begging for some action.
I'm 80F down here at 10am., got to love Floridah, yes "dah" might have to move. Sell the property for maybe 700k, start over to an area conducive to season changes. People here are crazy! Only if my health was better.               
Spring is Springing unfortunately have had several killing hard freezes. The sensitive semi-tropical plants took a major hit.

Another model hugging clusterfk, more things change the more they stay the same. It's trackable. 

Wish you could make your way back up here, Don.

• Like 1

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.
  • dendrite unpinned this topic