• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.

Typhoon Tip

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You don’t live in New England. So why do you post in our forums though? No one understands 

That would apply to me. Yah, I don't understand why I post in the forum.
I'll tell you why. The New England sub-forum has some of the most knowledgeable individuals in this forum.
New England will always be where I'm from and forecasting is always a challenge... anyway, why bother...
HRRR is going to town!
Think it's gon snow!  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, rgwp96 said:

Guess I shouldn’t post in here either . Didn’t know you had to stick to your exact region lol.  I go between the two as nw jersey is closer to New England wx wise vs nyc 

You are fine because it’s normal conversation. I know you know this . But those ladies come in here and post incorrect information to purposely mislead the forum. And it’s only when their areas miss out. You and the copper from NYC and others that are here to participate are more than welcome 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ROOSTA said:

That would apply to me. Yah, I don't understand why I post in the forum.
I'll tell you why. The New England sub-forum has some of the most knowledgeable individuals in this forum.
New England will always be where I'm from and forecasting is always a challenge... anyway, why bother...
HRRR is going to town!
Think it's gon snow!  

Don.. you’re Don. You lived here your whole life till the move to FL. This is your home. Like @Modfan2

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SeanInWayland said:

And to think my wife used to babysit his kids. He still lives in the same house, BTW.

Harvey is the best.

51 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

when I was a child, met and saw Harvey Leonard and his family many times at Old Silver Beach in Falmouth.  Super nice guy

My brush with meteorological fame was running into Brian Lappis at Big Y.  He wouldn't give me a straight answer as to how much snow we were going in the storm coming that night.  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You are fine because it’s normal conversation. I know you know this . But those ladies come in here and post incorrect information to purposely mislead the forum. And it’s only when their areas miss out. You and the copper from NYC and others that are here to participate are more than welcome 

9 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Nah, it’s all good. It’s just the folks who wish snow away from this region that don’t live here, we find odd. 

I hear ya , guess they are jealous. Really never understood why some get jealous of snow.  As one other poster said before  i also come to this forum because of  the good discussion  you guys have. I don’t always chime in but read often. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

My brush was meteorological fame was running into Brian Lappis at Big Y.  He wouldn't give me a straight answer as to how much snow we were going in the storm coming that night.  :)

Lol.. always fun running in local mets, I helped a friend complete a landscaping job for a CT broadcast met in the next town over, great guy down to earth even gave us some beer s

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Johnno said:

Lol.. always fun running in local mets, I helped a friend complete a landscaping job for a CT broadcast met in the next town over, great guy down to earth even gave us some beer s

I, a fully grown ass man, met literally hundreds of celebrities at Foxwoods when I was with the FD there and never was shy, was star struck and basically unable to say a word when Paul Kocin and Louis Uccelini asked if they could join me for breakfast at an Eastern Wx conference.  I had met Wes Junker before and developed a friend ship. These guys were literally this geeks hero's. I had consumed every thing they wrote. God I was embarrassed but after 15 minutes of stunned silence I joined in the convo. Quite the treat

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, The 4 Seasons said:

huh? have you been mia the past 4 days and not looking at anything? I've been going for 4-8" for us since Sunday morning. Theres winter storm watches up since yesterday

Yeah, been busting my hump at work. Haven't had much time to check in. 4-8" would be great and get me solidly above climo for the season.

This has over-performer written large, long duration and lots of moisture, cold air well entrenched, could see  nice 12-22 inch bands through most of n CT and MA, southern tier of VT and NH, southern ME. Probably closer to 6-10 south coast CT-RI and se MA. 

These early spring coastal redevelopers always seem to do better than expected. They don't have much chance of advecting warm air very close to the snowfall zones. 

Would it be correct to say that banding is not very strong in these coastal redevelopers? As compared to a classic nor'easter? I know the all important result is Tolland so that calculates out to a juicy 16.3". The jack will be somewhere north of ORH maybe just across state line but a local 24" seems possible. 

Significant wind chills with this will make it near-blizzard like as experienced by the public even if not meeting criteria. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 5

1 minute ago, Roger Smith said:

This has over-performer written large, long duration and lots of moisture, cold air well entrenched, could see  nice 12-22 inch bands through most of n CT and MA, southern tier of VT and NH, southern ME. Probably closer to 6-10 south coast CT-RI and se MA. 

These early spring coastal redevelopers always seem to do better than expected. They don't have much chance of advecting warm air very close to the snowfall zones. 

Would it be correct to say that banding is not very strong in these coastal redevelopers? As compared to a classic nor'easter? I know the all important result is Tolland so that calculates out to a juicy 16.3". The jack will be somewhere north of ORH maybe just across state line but a local 24" seems possible. 

Significant wind chills with this will make it near-blizzard like as experienced by the public even if not meeting criteria. 

image.jpeg.e0b1c36ba7bf99215c3dcaae25fa416d.jpeg

• Haha 1

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.
  • dendrite unpinned this topic