• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.

Typhoon Tip

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

We tick

Everything has ticked south all day Scott.  C’mon now.   You’re reaching on this now with your north calls.  I think a tic or two/noise in either direction is bound to happen….but it’s defied the whole north idea for the most part.  It looks to be a good region wide event for everyone in SNE. Strong High entrenched/confluence…weak primary system equals a good dump for most. 

• Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yep exactly. But when everyone scoffed at the tick idea, well this is what we mean. Luckily this wasn’t the gfs adjusting 150 miles NW like it did in 2007-2009 lol. 

Agree. So far, this seems like our typical SWFE NW tics but not a large-scale cave to the NAM (e.g. dropping pike to 4-6", sleet to NH border)

6 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Everything has ticked south all day Scott.  C’mon now.   You’re reaching on this now with your north calls.  I think a tic or two/noise in either direction is bound to happen….but it’s defied the whole north idea for the most part.  It looks to be a good region wide event for everyone in SNE. Strong High entrenched/confluence…weak primary system equals a good dump for most. 

The point is, many fell in love with things just keeping going to the south, but as myself and Will as well as others have said, those euro solutions are likely too cold. That’s all. I even said it buys us wiggle room. So yea it does matter in southern areas especially. 

• Like 2

On 2/22/2022 at 1:58 AM, George001 said:

New Euro is out, and it looks really good even south of the pike. North of the pike it has some areas with over a foot. Goalposts are narrowing with a similar look across guidance. Looks like the Euro is most north and Canadian is most south. I’m thinking a blend of my big 3 with more weight towards the Euro. I do think we will see qpf juice up some closer to the event with the trend towards aggressive secondary redevelopment (Miller B) continuing. Snow ratios I’m assuming 10:1. 

My early call:

Boston and pike north: 12-16 inches, isolated 18 inches

CT-RI/Mass border on north up to the pike area: 10-14 inches

South shore and upper cape: 6-10 inches

No changes to this, I’m sticking to my guns. Euro has the right idea imo

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

The point is, many fell in love with things just keeping going to the south, but as myself and Will as well as others have said, those euro solutions are likely too cold. That’s all. I even said it buys us wiggle room. So yea it does matter in southern areas especially. 

After 0z Reggie ticked north, 0z GGEM follows suit too.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

My point is, it’s gonna tic both ways a tad now…after it’s been ticking all day south. 

Just now, dryslot said:

After 0z reggie ticked north, 0z GGEM follows suit too.

Shocker…they’re the same thing pretty much. They both suck lol.

• Weenie 1

Just now, WinterWolf said:

It doesn’t need to get any colder.

You’ve been incorrect on how this was gonna trend, you’ve said it yourself. A tic north doesn’t change all that much for most. I’m expecting some sleet …no doubt, but also quite a bit of snow first. 

I said earlier, it's too early to claim the warm tics did not materialize. 

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

It doesn’t need to get any colder.

You’ve been incorrect on how this was gonna trend, you’ve said it yourself. A tic north doesn’t change all that much for most. I’m expecting some sleet …no doubt, but also quite a bit of snow first. 

Yeah I thought we may see it earlier, but we are seeing it now and add the Ukie too. 
Again, when we said earlier today that those solutions were probably too cold, there was a reason why.

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I said earlier, it's too early to claim the warm tics did not materialize. 

But That can go both ways too. You’re gonna be/your area is the winner in this I believe.  

Depending how quickly the sleet comes in..will be the difference here between 6” or   8+” here.   Never expected pure snow. But that high means business this time…it’s stout and entrenched.  

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.
  • dendrite unpinned this topic