• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New England Overrunning Event 02/03-02/04/22

dryslot

Whether is rain,zr, pellets or snow providence is screwed,  they did almost 0 cleanup beyond Sunday.  All drains are still coverer and multi lane roads are still not wide enough for normal traffic and parking.  Going to be a nightmare.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Verbatim it's a lot of nothing for you. 

Let him go. He drunk,  he gone...

15 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I think most folks here realize the cold press will win. They always rip in faster than even the coldest models show. Just a suspicion, but the folks calling for all rain dews and full pack loss are going to be doing some WTF’s come Friday morning 

No one said that, no one. 

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Let him go. He drunk,  he gone...

No one said that, no one. 

don’t you get it? if it’s not a crippling ice storm on The northern end of I-84 in CT, then it’s 50’s and dews, full pack wipe out rains to Maines

• Like 1

Just now, wx2fish said:

We have somewhat course internal soundings, but the warmest layer appears to be 750-800. MHT area is a paint peeler 7-11z, and the warm layer is right around 0C by 12z. 

That's where i would have thought if there is one would it would be below H85, It was plenty cold on the 2 i could see.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

He's had a tough winter.

He'll get a slight glaze on a twig that fell on his truck and post pics of it with "WTTT" and a twitter post from the Tolland fire department about a 25car pile up on 84 caused by a 90yr grammy so tiny she couldn't see out of her front windshield.  But the spin will be...it's a damaging ice storm. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

We have somewhat course internal soundings, but the warmest layer appears to be 750-800. MHT area is a paint peeler 7-11z, and the warm layer is right around 0C by 12z. 

EPS Vertical Profiles

So many new freebies from ECMWF. Ensemble definitely has the warm nose between 700 and 800 mb.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, HinghamBoss said:

What is the fascination with ice?  Don't get it.

It's like a moral victory ?

LOL ...  I mean, anything by 32.1 F heavy rain.   Which even I have to admit, despite by protestation of weather not affecting my moods as such ... drives me a bit to distraction.  My hang up with it is that having to leave the house in the normal gestation of daily living, with pelting rain at that temperature ... is a little worse than 33.1 ... Which is a little worse than 34.1   Which is a little worse than NN.1    ...see how that works?   At least with ice, it kinda sorta gives something back in terms of entertainment and specter, even if snow is preferred, ...which is a little better than sleet, which is little better than ice... 

Something like that -

But, folks engage in this pass-time for all kinds of needs and reasons. Just a half snark opinion.

• Like 4