Newest Member
    joxey
New England Overrunning Event 02/03-02/04/22

dryslot

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know some of us have discussed the climo unlikely result of more than 1/2 inch of ice. But how do people behave in this region if we come up to the day before the event and models and forecasts insist this sort of thing is imminent? Do they shut down the state as with a blizzard? I know its a major difference versus driving when youre getting 3 inches of snow. The idea of being stranded someplace in a ravine or on the roads is something nobody wants.

12 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

That definitely looks north of the first time I recall you posting it though.

Maybe a tick but in the larger sense of it... BUF to BTV to BML has seen very little change on most ensembles for 3 days.  The OPs have had their issues but the means seemed pretty steady, usually north of the colder Op runs.  The southern end has been trimmed back for sure.  In fact the earliest ones had the highest probs a bit north of here but for a time yesterday settled a bit under here.

But we are all going to see it differently, being on the boundary line you see a lot more variance run to run.  Sort of like E.MA in the last snowstorm, didn't matter what guidance was it was all consistent there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

I have no idea what to think in your area... like miles either way have a huge effect.  You'll notice coal miner's burping in PA and pumping heights by a decimal point.

It depends on which model you want to hug, Some of the mesos have the right idea, As well as the globals, We will see what the euro does here.

16 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

I know some of us have discussed the climo unlikely result of more than 1/2 inch of ice. But how do people behave in this region if we come up to the day before the event and models and forecasts insist this sort of thing is imminent? Do they shut down the state as with a blizzard? I know its a major difference versus driving when youre getting 3 inches of snow. The idea of being stranded someplace in a ravine or on the roads is something nobody wants.

I've had 3/4" of ice here in Enfield with no problems whatsoever.  Roads get salted as with a snowstorm and life goes on.  Driving slowly and cautiously as in a snowstorm. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

1) The world is ending newscasts

2) Schools close for Friday without even waiting to see if there is any ice/sleet/snow on Friday morning

3) The same people who filled 4 shopping carts with groceries prior to the blizzard do the same tonight or tomorrow.  Some may even have groceries left in their vehicles from pre blizzard shopping.

4) Bags of ice melt become worth more than Bitcoin

5) The Weather Channel flies in as many people as possible including people who do not even work for the Weather Channel. 24/7 coverage.  Mike Seidel isn't blown over by the wind.

6) Someone on the forum mentions that his wife has thrown him out of the house after his wish for a complete collapse of the power grid has come to fruition.

Outside of those it will be a very typical day!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4