• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2022 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

2/5/14 was a solid overrunning storm with 8-14" for many.  That one had a ridge bridge over the Bering region, whereas this one the -EPO ridge spikes up sharply and drives cold deep into the great basin..   I take the implications possibly being a comparatively greater eventual WAA push and a primary track further west if it did indeed play out as depicted.  But still a lot of moving parts obv, glad just to have something to keep an eye on.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah that looked good on 18z GFS. I’d like to see the vort track just a little further east though like more over PIT/CLE. Otherwise we risk getting a more shredded precip shield. 

I have the thread ready to go but I'm waiting on the Saturday's windex out of the way. 

I also think we are underselling the icing potential in central NE in the nearer term ( Tues ) but don't shoot me -

• Like 1

I like what I saw on the models today for the Friday threat, Euro has shown signs of secondary redevelopment it previously did not have, leading to a colder solution. I know SWFEs are typically moderate events like 4-8, closer to 8 north and 4 south where there is more mixing, but that secondary redevelopment is making me question that. It looks like it could be turning into an SWFE Miller B hybrid, if that happens in my opinion the coastal low redevelopment would not only lock in the cold air but it would enhance precip rates. This would lead to increased snowfall totals in eastern mass, and put us south of the pike in the game for double digits. Correct me if I’m wrong, but if looking for higher end totals compared to a typical SWFE we would be looking for earlier redevelopment and more rapid strengthening of the secondary (Miller B) right?

• Weenie 1

7 minutes ago, MarkO said:

70' Norway Spruce took out my railing and likely totaled my truck. Happened at 8:29.57 this AM according to the ring doorbell. I was sleeping in my basement. Neither me, nor my daughter heard it, but I woke up at 8:30. Coincidence?

weather at tree fall.jpg

tree2.jpg

Damage! Looks like it was rotten . Hopefully truck can be saved 

16 minutes ago, MarkO said:

to my house, truck, wallet or liver? Or all of the above. Working on second 3 finger pour of Makers Mark.

I don't drink very much but when I do, it's whiskey. 

I don't buy the standard bottles because that would make me more vulnerable to drinking too much. 

If I choose to drink on a given day I will get a 200ml. This one store in South Windham has nice little 200ml Woodford Reserve bottles for like $13 which is a good fetch around these parts. I love 200ml of premium whiskeys but TBH they're not as common as just regular jack or whatever. 

• Like 1

...Maine...

...Aroostook County...
Saint Agatha                 8.0 in    0916 AM 02/18   Public
1 SSW Fort Kent              8.0 in    0929 AM 02/18   Public
Saint Pamphile               8.0 in    1000 AM 02/18   Other Federal
1 SE Frenchville             8.0 in    1100 AM 02/18   Public
1 NW Allagash                7.0 in    0845 AM 02/18   Trained Spotter
1 SW Fort Kent               7.0 in    0850 AM 02/18   Public
1 SE Fort Kent               7.0 in    0900 AM 02/18   Trained Spotter
1 WSW Madawaska              5.8 in    0100 PM 02/18   Trained Spotter
Lille                        3.3 in    1018 AM 02/18   Trained Spotter
Eagle Lake                   2.5 in    0800 AM 02/18   Public
1 N Caribou                  1.7 in    0100 PM 02/18   Official NWS Obs
1 WNW Ashland                1.5 in    0955 AM 02/18   Public
1 SE Presque Isle            1.5 in    1200 PM 02/18   Trained Spotter
2 SSE Castle Hill            1.4 in    1200 PM 02/18   NWS Employee
&&
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, MarkO said:

Bent the roll cage on both sides, doors need to be replaced, dented roof, rear fender, windshield is whack, frame might be bent. I really hope it's toast. The body shop said 3-4 months of work. I get $25/day rental coverage for a month.

That thing is toast.