Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2022 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

16 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Will be interesting to see what this looks like by the end of the month.

The jacks will be jacking,

The qpf queens queening,

me always smilin

nohrsc_seasnow.us_ne.png

I wonder why they don’t supplement this with actual obs from first order sites. It has BOS at 31” when they are actually over 40”. 

• Like 2

Yeah that squall line even on the robust HRRR is so narrow. The 2010 event was like 5x as wide. It was like 20+ miles wide. 

If it verifies that narrow then it’s going to be like 5-7 minutes and then done instead of 30+ minutes like we saw in a 2010 event. 5-7 minutes can still cause major road issues if it’s 4-5” per hour stuff, but you’d still end up with under an inch. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah that squall line even on the robust HRRR is so narrow. The 2010 event was like 5x as wide. It was like 20+ miles wide. 

If it verifies that narrow then it’s going to be like 5-7 minutes and then done instead of 30+ minutes like we saw in a 2010 event. 5-7 minutes can still cause major road issues if it’s 4-5” per hour stuff, but you’d still end up with under an inch. 

Maybe with the little band in front before the squall we get a good inch.

19 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I remember that one, though I was working and didn't have access to radar. Do you have any images saved of that event?

33 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Man if we could slow this down even by half we would 2010. 

hrrr_2022021913_008_41.69--72.49.png

That is the last time I got crushed with a squall here in Springfield. It was at least 1.5 inches and there was thunder and lightning. Since then they have all missed or it's a coating flurries/light snow showers

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Most epic melt ever. I had 40+ Gone in a week. Most in a day like you said. 

But at least they were the mother of all cutters. I think it was the first one that had a lot of damage. 

That was the year I had my deepest pack, even better than 2015, and it disappeared in a couple days.

• Like 1