Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2022 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

2 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Is it my imagination or does the radar look pretty damn impressive to our west? Doesn’t look like a 15 minute snow squall. It looks like a broad area of snow showers. Maybe it dries up as it comes east?

Most guidance had a band of lighter snow out ahead of the squalls. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Is it my imagination or does the radar look pretty damn impressive to our west? Doesn’t look like a 15 minute snow squall. It looks like a broad area of snow showers. Maybe it dries up as it comes east?

Surprised at how hard it’s snowing here all the sudden.  Radar blew up but it’s really coming down.  Hopefully we can keep a little standing wave over the mountain into eastern VT going for a bit.

E3B1F44E-994A-4521-B6E8-DBA4091A9BFB.gif.428ef714549d3ff115a0036c408a202f.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Most guidance had a band of lighter snow out ahead of the squalls. 

I guess it looks like a bigger area of precipitation than I had expected. But it could be that someone is just being squeezed out over the mountains of New York and Vt so it looks worse than it really is. But it does look like it will be snowing here within a couple of hours although the forecast is for something more like a 40% chance of snow showers later this afternoon. But we shall see.  As it’s moving east it is also building a bit more to the south I’m noticing on radar

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s looked to me like a bit of snow to ice for most of SNE . Gfs all alone with heavy snows to NJ. I keep thinking back to the Feb 4 deal. Always be wary of a strong SE ridge . Hope I’m wrong and it’s snow

Ahhh it’s a long way out…it’ll morph and change many times over the next 3-5 days. At least it’s something worth keeping an eye on. 

22 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s looked to me like a bit of snow to ice for most of SNE . Gfs all alone with heavy snows to NJ. I keep thinking back to the Feb 4 deal. Always be wary of a strong SE ridge . Hope I’m wrong and it’s snow

There’s your ice storm

22 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Antecedent airmass is better than 2/4. But this could definitely still be mostly sleet and ZR if it is amped enough. My gut says more snow than 2/4 but this is still 6 days out so really anything is on the table. 

• Like 1