• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2022 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

There's actually some risk for that interplay/stream mechanics in that range ...

That's a subsume model capture scenario.  ( 1978 et al), and typically happens when the over-arching blocking moves over the N-W territories of Canadian. 

The problem is the flow is too compressed in the TV, such that when the N/stream SPV fragment attempts to come down, the uber velocity flow is stripping the baroclinic instability leaving only modest cyclonic response struggling to back west near the MA.   The old Miami rule in full effect.  I guess having 580 heights to Macon GA is a bit too hot for digging.    Seems the initial tendency to tuck the flow back SW up through about D7 is causing the Gulf to ridge too much... 

I'm tired.  I think I'm ready for summer lol

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Ten days from now fits for me.

Lol ..   yeah, 'course...  yet another way of looking at it, if a big solution is going to happen it's gotta start showing up at some point.

There's no easy calls in this business - certainly not this year...   I mean, some years, yeah ... you can kind of pick these up and a week or more out in space and time, and they'll behave reasonably well.  Other years, they just won't.   No matter how bright a signal is, it turns out to be the sun-dog and not the star. 

20 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

What in the hell are you talking about? Nothing has changed on Friday for like 3 days. 

21 minutes ago, weathafella said:

It did?   Looks like thump is coming 

9 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Heavy day drinking. Sloppy, agitated, and depressed…so sad to see.

Put the chewies away Lucas

T6DEwM9.jpg

image.thumb.png.ab9e4514fcbc0bd0015e7c425187dd0b.png

The geps doubled down, this system is loaded with moisture. That’s a big area of 1+ inches qpf on a mean. This far out that’s a huge signal. Will the storm track likely be north of the gfs? Yeah, but that’s a good thing. Gfs is south of ideal. I’d like to see the Euro and eps bump south some, but the geps look really good. Euro looks good track wise but it is kind of weak with limited moisture. Imo we will see op runs start beefing up the QPF as we get closer to the storm, with this evolving into a something more significant than a typical swfe. The question is how much of that QPF is snow.

• Thanks 1