Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 3, 2022 CAPE Storm Obs/Nowcast

WxUSAF

4 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Have you hit 100 posts about the HRRR NW trend yet today? So odd the modeled heavy snow area hasn't reached Erie yet.

Well if it's moving NW run after run it don't have to be 200 miles to make a difference to many on the cutoff line and many on this not forum not in DC and Baltimore and who reside to the NW

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Not funny for all of us. I get an inch while 15 miles to my east gets a foot. 

Yeah, I feel really badly for anyone in our area that ends up fringed with this one and gets a few inches while others get clobbered. We've all waited so, so long for this. Likely the best storm for a bunch of us since the 2016 blizzard.

• Like 3

Just now, osfan24 said:

Yeah, I feel really badly for anyone in our area that ends up fringed with this one and gets a few inches while others get clobbered. We've all waited so, so long for this. Likely the best storm for a bunch of us since the 2016 blizzard.

If we get 3” I will consider that a huge win. Many look at those maps and don’t really realize how sharp that cutoff on the nw edge can be.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Random Chaos said:

For all the people that are talking about "cant have snow after a 60 degree day" back in college I had a upper 70's day followed by 16" of snow. This was in NY state not MD, and April not January, but it definitely can happen.

The one that I recall most vividly in this area is the Valentines Day 2014 Cold Front from hell... my wife and I were SUV shopping to replace her old car. She was uber preggers (kiddo born in late March) and we were looking for the new family vehicle. I remember starting the day a lot like today... 60s, nice, sun peeking out... then that front moved through and we were using my old car with bald tires to shop around. We ended the last test drive while the snow was starting and by the time we were done the roads had turned to skating rinks and we were slipping and sliding all over the place trying to get home. We ended up stopping at Victoria's Gastropub in Columbia to wait it out and when we got back on 100 to go home, the shoulders were littered with wrecked cars that had slid off the road.