Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February the climo snow month

Ginx snewx

17 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

So far 1 really bad marking period (Jan), but good otherwise... C+ so far.. can get back on the honor roll with a strong finish

Probably B here. Two 12+ events in ‘winter’ (not Nov or Apr). Last 10 days have been awesome. Already close to avg for the season with another month+ to go. Could reach A status if future chances produce this month. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

bum not chapped, but 2 weeks from now is Feb 23. last I checked, spring begins around March 20.

phew... right - no worries than ..

lol -

dates?  don't come at me with human convention - I only have time for the Cosmos... 

Seriously though, I am actually flirting with the notion that things could break harder toward warm and pretty early this year.   But we'll enjoy this month while it lasts.  Not sure what your level of background is in this shit, but ... La Nina springs tend to be warmer.  Also, the fast flow?  That's the compression of the hemispheric winter heights against the 3-6 dm expanded HC that is not me ...it is scientifically and peer review vetted  - I'm trying futilely to get people's eyes to stop rolling about the tropical expansion stuff, I know..

Anyway, both the LN and the HC are constructive interference ... So, when the -AO business and blocking stuff wanes out to neutral exerters ...those other two are sort of left in carte blanche as proxy over the general circulation eddy ...  Just supposition

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

lol -

dates?  don't come at me with human convention - I only have time for the Cosmos... 

Seriously though, I am actually flirting with the notion that things could break harder toward warm and pretty early this year.   But we'll enjoy this month while it lasts.

Agree.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, dryslot said:

As far as snow, Yes, It may not be over, But for any snowmobiling local it is, Its Jan-Feb to snowmobile locally, So its done here, A 6" base does not even cover up the rocks,  But i have been heading NW and made up my mind that this winter we will have to travel if i want to do any riding.

Yeah go where you have to in order to enjoy it.  After this winter, each of us has one less to live through.

48 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Nearly half of December and all of January was virtually snowless.........

December-not so unusual especially once we got the big snow.   But the grinch was a bit as crazy as it could  be and then January was dry and blah so agree regardless of what happens winter can only reach A status if it pulls a 2015.  Most of had above normal December snow regardless of the grinch, below normal January snow, and we seemed to be heading to above normal February snow.   Last winter for mby was atrocious in comparison 

56 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

lol -

Seriously though, I am actually flirting with the notion that things could break harder toward warm and pretty early this year.   But we'll enjoy this month while it lasts.  Not sure what your level of background is in this shit, but ... La Nina springs tend to be warmer.  Also, the fast flow?  That's the compression of the hemispheric winter heights against the 3-6 dm expanded HC that is not me ...it is scientifically and peer review vetted  - I'm trying futilely to get people's eyes to stop rolling about the tropical expansion stuff, I know..

Anyway, both the LN and the HC are constructive interference ... So, when the -AO business and blocking stuff wanes out to neutral exerters ...those other two are sort of left in carte blanche as proxy over the general circulation eddy ...  Just supposition

no background whatsoever.

I'm a snowmobiler, so i like snowpack. but once we roll into March, especially after the 15th or so, I am all for spring, and actaully really enjoy warm springs.

Both euro suite and GFS suite are liking the 2/16 threat as well but the model positions are reversed from 2/14. Euro suite is more amped while GFS suite is a little more offshore. Plenty to track though...might be more systems beyond 2/16 as well since the pattern remains favorable. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Both euro suite and GFS suite are liking the 2/16 threat as well but the model positions are reversed from 2/14. Euro suite is more amped while GFS suite is a little more offshore. Plenty to track though...might be more systems beyond 2/16 as well since the pattern remains favorable. 

It’ll probably be one or the other. That’s usually how those work