• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February the climo snow month

Ginx snewx

A crisp 0.0° for the low this morning, now a balmy 3.7°....At least the pack has become a glacier, we have had quite the 10 day run for the snow pack(currently 15" in the shady, north facing locations and about ten in sunny spots).  But I suspect one of these systems ends up being a big rainer, hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

Not sure what to make of the weeklies and ensembles. NAO stays negative throughout however EPO goes positive and some guidance floods the country with above normal temps after 240 (GEPS). Definate troughing over Alaska which should flood country with Pac air. However, unlike January where Canada was void of any Arctic air, this go around it should take a while to remove the dense cold air from Eastern Canada. I guess worst case is we eventually go back to the Jan pattern with a better source region.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

How about 2" of rain?

TBH, I'm fine with that risk...willing to roll the dice, as opposed to resigning myself to 2".Tired of losing to SNE...lets get back to climo, and have @dendrite take me to the shed. 

No complaints about this winter, but I'm honestly starting to think about baseball and warmer weather, save for big events....yes, I know people like Steve will remind me that warmth is quite a ways off...I get that.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

TBH, I'm fine with that risk...willing to roll the dice, as opposed to resigning myself to 2".Tired of losing to SNE...lets get back to climo, and have @dendrite take me to the shed. 

No complaints about this winter, but I'm honestly starting to think about baseball and warmer weather, save for big events....yes, I know people like Steve will remind me that warmth is quite a ways off...I get that.

You pretty much had what everyone else had yesterday.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You pretty much had what everyone else had yesterday.

He’s trying to say he wants Bryce playing in the mud while he gets blue bombed over and over vs. blue balled.

But I don’t really get the jackpot fetish as long as there’s snow on the ground and it’s snowing either.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

He’s trying to say he wants Bryce playing in the mud while he gets blue bombed over and over vs. blue balled.

It's almost like he forgot that just happened in 2/1-2/2....he gets like 16" of firehose while Scooter was dripping in an inch of slush. :lol:

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

It's almost like he forgot that just happened in 2/1-2/2....he gets like 16" of firehoses while Scooter was dripping in an inch of slush. :lol:

I know! :lol:    I mean if that wasn't pay back, I don't know what is. But then he turns his anger to Wilmington and gets all bent out of shape that they had 3.5" more. WGAF.

• Haha 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

It's almost like he forgot that just happened in 2/1-2/2....he gets like 16" of firehose while Scooter was dripping in an inch of slush. :lol:

Ya some folks are just never happy. Been a great 10 days..deep deep winter, yet some are complaining. Yesterday was a lil flop..but still brought an inch or two, with cold temps and wintry appeal,  off of 8” just two days prior...with Chances still coming. 

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

But I don’t really get the jackpot fetish as long as there’s snow on the ground and it’s snowing either.

I had 1.5" yesterday, it was beautiful outside last night and the snow sparkled in the sunshine as the sun came up. I would love 2 ft of snow, but any snow is better than mud or brown glaciers....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

I had 1.5" yesterday, it was beautiful outside last night and the snow sparkled in the sunshine as the sun came up. I would love 2 ft of snow, but any snow is better than mud or brown glaciers....

Right! Unbelievable deep winter look this morning. I love the look of fresh pack with arctic cold, gives you that mystical sparkle 

16 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

You really take offense to people getting more snow then you in a storm.

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I don't have any complaints about that event.....I think the season has been good, as well. 

Man, you guys are so sensitive....

49 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

I've had 7" total since this epic February pattern developed.  

0" --- 2/1-2/2

5" --- 2/7

2" --- 2/9

And no complaints.  Looks great out there.

It does.....the value of frequent refreshers.....especially this time of year, when the sun starts to cook the snow along the roadsides...it gets nasty looking quickly.

• Confused 1

I dunno, I think it snowed guys. Good lord with this neurotic nitpicking - it's now worse in lieu of some other style of delivery?  LOL at the inconsolability ... - it snowed!   I know ...I know... it wasn't evocative of enough excitement

The 16th/17th is interesting ... 

Firstly, in the interest of fairness, the converging teleconnector signal appears to be failing to produce a correction event.

In my defense, I did suggest the end point may extend out a bit longer.  I mean, it's not like there are temporal boundaries on atmospheric events ...and being that far out there, who knows -

That said, the 16/17 time range materializes from entirely different pattern morphology so ...I think in honesty it stands apart (causally...) It does not appear really at all by then to be related to the rising PNA, relaxing west-limb -NAO stuff.

- these intervals are not always realized.. I know why in this case - strongly suspect I do ... The GGEM ( not a good model to me but just to make the case...), nicely shows the western end of the SPV failing to come down and capture/connect with the physical wave propagation of the intermediate stream out there later in the mid range. The culprit really appears to be wave propagation speeds .. The x-coordinate wave translation speed in the S, is too progressive ( fast ) wrt to the y-coordinate of the N (SPV) ... Thus it is not given enough time to move through the subsume process - meaning the S stream is outpacing the N/ streams ability to do so...  So, we pass through that vulnerable period with shearing problems is what it really all boils down to..

But letting that go... the ~ 16th event's wave space/ mechanics are pure Pacific. As of the 00z's initialization ... said wave space's best discernible position in space is actual over the Sea of Japan!!  It's that far ...yes, more literally than figuratively .... around the other side of the planet.  And, is also all situated in the middle latitudes as a relay off the Asian continent.  That feature is embedded in a tremendous accelerating wind tube along the underside of a very strong WPO vortex as it goes through some flexing ... moving forward in the modeling... and it squirts some 72 hours later near the Date Line...  From there..it careens on nearly a flat flow trajectory through California by 120 hours... and 24 to 48 hrs later... "might" if it even exists, throw party up our way...

Some cons ( you should be laughing a little at this point ...) :  Flat progressive predictability is a bit of an oxymoron ... red flag.   All season long, extended range and even many mid range systems are tending to mute as they get near in time.  Lastly but surely not all .. .the hemispheric fast flow doesn't really promote curved trajectories in general ...so that does not lend to this thing, either.

The pro is this is climo bomb time.  The N stream does appear to relax... so, it is - speculative - possible the flow "decompresses" along the mid latitude heights more so than the model ar presently showing ... and that would emerge a better environment for purer Pacific waves to not be mooshed by the elephants ass of the N...