• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February the climo snow month

Ginx snewx

I posted some annotated visual, learning material over the last few days regarding the 11-15th .. 17th period of time if anyone's interested.

The gist of which was:

-- multi source teleconnector fields targeting the OV-West Atlantic for correction event(s).  Those being a decay-rate -NAO ( west limb block/ rising...) and a rising PNA.. These intervals tend to occur in tandem with larger hemispheric footed events - not always... but usually so.

image.png.4fcd298368b2f1a02596f1a211b153c9.png

-- circumstantially ... there is/are SPV circumvallate with embedded nodes set up and pearled out across S Canada,  ...dangling perilously in wait.  Just needs the following to phase,

-- in motion; the west limb of the NAO block may begin to decay ..and when that happens, it tends to exert S - probably the hemisphere et all that is really in motion, but it gives that allusion.  As that exertion sets up ... we just need a well timed, better western +PNAP ridge expression ...which having the rising PNA helps that ... 

The Euro got close on the 12z run yesterday ... but the 00z ... eyigh ...  Now, the GFS tries... So Will's right - it's bouncin' around..  Handed off between guidance like a hot potato. The flow is both fast, and entering a modal field change ...which is like taking normal uncertainty then, adding both those two factors to it.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Can see that hill from my neighborhood and that have 25" or so more lol.

The mini 2015 stuff is dumb....JMHO.

If we get a HECS this weekend, then entertain it....but 'cmon. Was TS Irene a mini '38?

Feb 1994 is pretty reasonable, but I think we need to see more to conjure up the 2015 memory.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

If we get a HECS this weekend, then entertain it....but 'cmon. Was TS Irene a mini '38?

Feb 1994 is pretty reasonable, but I think we need to see more to conjure up the 2015 memory.

I think Dave just meant to say they’re on a roll this month. That’s impressive though. 

33 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Just  a joke man.  January was a desert, much like 2015 until then end.  Then the floodgates opened.  

Probably happens now and then, like 1994 as you said