Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February the climo snow month

Ginx snewx

48 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I can envision Megan and Will heading out in her car and DMX comes on. He promptly shuts that off and pops in his Rippingtons CD that he uses for a bookmark in his Kocin book and names off every song, the year it played on TWC, and at which point on the 8s it was actually played. Also, whether it was played on a short or long local forecast.

The fact that I know who the Rippingtons are says everything about how much I was glued to TWC back in the day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I can envision Megan and Will heading out in her car and DMX comes on. He promptly shuts that off and pops in his Rippingtons CD that he uses for a bookmark in his Kocin book and names off every song, the year it played on TWC, and at which point on the 8s it was actually played. Also, whether it was played on a short or long local forecast.

Also make sure we specify that it could have been pre-local on the 8s. I think that was sometime in 1996 they implemented that schedule. Prior to that, the local forecast was sometimes played within 5 minutes of the previous one. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

I saw those guys at a jazz club here. I had no idea what they played and they started ripping out local on the 8s stuff. I lost my shit. Jazz is real cool to see live.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, tamarack said:

How often has this sequence played out this winter's active periods?  Models show a good-looking event until inside 100 hr when it fizzles but there's another nice one coming a few days later, which then gets inside 100 and . . . Pete and re-Pete.  A couple down-sequence ones have come thru but that's been the exception.

Uh-oh, we could be losing Tamarack. 

• Like 1

Tuesday seems to have stabilized in model guidance. I was worried it would just getting weaker and weaker from sheared fast flow but most guidance seems to agree on an advisory type event for SNE and that probably extends into CNE/NNE as well.

Then the end of the week has legs for something bigger. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Pretty good look. Hopefully we can have it extend through the end of the month.

I always thought a SSWE took up to 5 weeks to affect us, then stay for up to 5 weeks. I believe the SSWE occurred the last week of December if I am not mistaken. If so through the end of the month looks about right.

Hopefully we get demolished February then gave grillin weather for March.

Had measurable last night. Had measurable Sunday Monday Tuesday and Wednesday. Can’t recall Thursday. But yesterday and today we had it. Quite a stretch even if it’s not particularly heavy. I think as we chase each storm we should step back and realize that we’re in a really fantastic stretch right now. It probably hasn’t peaked yet, but no rain, cold and getting colder, snowpack building and holding, and snow storms every three or four days as far as the eye can see.  Enjoy this!  Awesome walk in it this morning.

24 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

You too can have these for a measly 10 month. Weathermodels.com 

download (14).png

The ridging out west looks pretty robust on the EPS post-2/15. 

Though PNA is already rapidly rising by 2/12 which actually coincides with the d6 threat. 

• Like 3