Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February the climo snow month

Ginx snewx

45 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I grew up with that era's cinema ...  with all those icons of the silver screen strutting and fretting their turns and terms upon the stage ... now never heard forever more ... vanquished by predatory time.

I'll tell ya, it's one of the weirdest paradoxes of nature, time's claim on all that resides beneath the firmament ... perhaps one day the firm' itself. For every prey, there is a predator ... and these tend to be in balance. For if either fails the whole system collapses ... Yin and yang I suppose.  But time?  Time seems to be the only metric in emergence of reality that truly does not require said balance -

It only feeds..

Time, devourer of all things. One could actually argue that black holes prey on both matter and time itself, at least from an outside observer's perspective.

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Ukie has a big one developing on 2/16-17 too. Good antecedent airmass in that setup.

17 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Euro going for a more SWFE look next week. 

Does this suggest the possibility of a sort of Miller a Miller b hybrid? The northern stream one coming along with like a swfe but then re-developing into something that comes up the coast?

1 minute ago, mahk_webstah said:

Does this suggest the possibility of a sort of Miller a Miller b hybrid? The northern stream one coming along with like a sweaty but then re-developing into something that comes up the coast?

It could be, but I don't see a chance for a true Miller B dominating system. Maybe something that is more of a cstl secondary...less of a OV primary deal. This is 2/17.

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

I was back in ORH by 1989....don't worry, I was back here in time to personally witness the historic ORH snow drought....one of my earliest memories though is our pipes bursting in Xmas 1983 in San Antonio. That was an epic cold outbreak.

You know ... its true.  For all our mutual commiseration about that great dearth decade of all time ( although I've heard the 1950s give it a run for the money ... ), that is one aspect about the 1980s that it did perform ...

cryo bombs

Man, there were some cold invasions that decade that would point tits in Hades ...  When I was 10 ...I had a paper route in Kalamazoo Michigan.  One Sunday morning, delivering the Gazette .. which of course was triple the weight, the air temperature was 0 F in a swirl of dense pixie pall and winds gusting to 35 mph.  The sun dim orb losing to sound of soul being sucked outta one's f'n eyes it was brutal-  ...I remember I was crying when I got home.  On a nice day in June, the Sunday paper bag had to be set down ever five houses - it's a wonder kids didn't end up with Scoliosis luggin' that inhumane thing around.   So imagine dragging that thing in that condition... omg! I think it was 1981 or something... '79 or '82 ... 1980 ... There was not a lot of big snows but we had some school delays for cold alone ... in an era where/when students did not ever get snow days for any reason, whether it snowed or not-

Nowadays?  ha - ...fuggin joke man with the pussification of kids and society.... Canceling school based upon forecasts ...granted, those have improved, but even so... 4-6" low grade winter storm warning - only cause the local forecast office isn't quite sure ... - and the tickers roll across the bottom of televisions and 'urgent' notifications force through to phone coverage and it's party tiiiiime!  

I think it's a culture of finding time off at least excuse imagined ... inside a cloak of safety requirements... but I'm a cynical bastard or fun :)   w eeeeeee

Just now, CoastalWx said:

12/16/07 was an overperformer. Boston with around 8" when 1-3 was forecasted. 

That was a weekend one too. I remember waking up early in the morning, expecting it to have already changed over. Nope, it was 15F and ripping!  We eventually slotted and got into the 30s, but the damage was done. 

2 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

That was a weekend one too. I remember waking up early in the morning, expecting it to have already changed over. Nope, it was 15F and ripping!  We eventually slotted and got into the 30s, but the damage was done. 

I had a 11", then it ended as drizzle and the temp rose into the upper 30s...lost a couple of inches.

Lowell stayed cold....was all powder there.