Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
February the climo snow month

Ginx snewx

39 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I foresee at least a good 4-8" deal, and maybe more like 6-10"....classic SWFE that includes a digging SW to the west attenuating, as it encounters said confluent flow over se Canada.

TUES EPS.png

Here is the full blog:

https://easternmassweather.blogspot.com/2021/02/additional-snowfall-likely-case-of.html

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Exactly

We know its going to change

That possible Rainer/mess is 8 days out...it’ll trend/change.  The long range cutters have been trending more favorable for us..this could do the same.  Too far out to be worried about anything like that on an op depiction 8 days away.  

And if it is rain/or mess, we deal with it. Easy as that. 

• Like 1

Ukie also looks good on the crap 24h maps for next Tuesday. My guess is a lot of New England would do well.

As for the day 7-8 system, that def looks like a farther west track but still a ton of CAD showing up so it could be a good SWFE or even a decent icing situation for a time over the interior. Still a long ways off though. 

30 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

Don't like GFS. Turns south coast to ice after thump. Then rain and potential flooding on the system a few days later?

Looks like a CAD storm at 168h, which can get pushed south. Might be ugly especially in SNE, though. Shown on the op runs of GFS/CMC/EC (00Z for the other models, although the EC was warmer).

And just like that the 12Z EC shows the cold winning out, snow->ice even in SNE, with a sleet line up to CON. I'd take that. Put a crust on the snowpack, don't melt it. Down a bunch of wires, maybe, too.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ariof said:

Looks like a CAD storm at 168h, which can get pushed south. Might be ugly especially in SNE, though. Shown on the op runs of GFS/CMC/EC (00Z for the other models, although the EC was warmer).

And just like that the 12Z EC shows the cold winning out, snow->ice even in SNE, with a sleet line up to CON. I'd take that. Put a crust on the snowpack, don't melt it. Down a bunch of wires, maybe, too.

The 12z Euro doesn't come out until 12:50.

6 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

perhaps there should be an alternate reality thread lol...

There’s a four or five day period where we may relax and get storms more of a SWFE or warmer. It’s not uncommon before it reloads a bit. Hopefully we don’t, I only mention it because it’s a possibility. 

• Thanks 1