Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February the climo snow month

Ginx snewx

43 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

As I said earlier, there might be a break.

I do wonder though..  could that be sign of an end to this winter - just an early speculation here. Not all at once per se ..but that's the turner -

This year smacks as not being like the last several, where there was onset NAOs that crippled Aprils and May for warmth.  Granted, it's only entering mid Feb but usually - in my experience - when the Earth wants to do a region a different idea it starts hinting its coming.  

These are like those hints to me ( blw ), but they are hints I am intrigued by because we have  ( La Nina spring climo + HC expansion ) and those two, together, are a bit of a constructive interference behind this spring's pattern. Whenever we get into that sort of "emergent" resulting stuff, the 'rogue' wave effect comes into play; we don't know if the synergistic result end up more than the sum of the individual players - by definition of course... Mapping those too effects over each other ...this could all end in a hurry, and it may not be a good spring for March snow.  Or ..lol... watch, it'll be a +10 March with a single two day 30" bomb that has nothing to do with blocking - ... Kidding, but blocking or not, 'canon ball season'

image.thumb.png.84def56bc5dc334e737fc0317410679d.png

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I do wonder though..  could that be sign of an end to this winter - just an early speculation here. Not all at once per se ..but that's the turner -

This year smacks as not being like the last several, where there was onset NAOs that crippled Aprils and May for warmth.  Granted, it's only entering mid Feb but usually - in my experience - when the Earth wants to do a region a different idea it starts hinting its coming.  

These are like those hints to me ( blw ), but they are hints I am intrigued by because we have  ( La Nina spring climo + HC expansion ) and those two, together, are a bit of a constructive interference behind this spring's pattern. Whenever we get into that sort of "emergent" resulting stuff, the 'rogue' wave effect comes into play; we don't know if the synergistic result end up more than the sum of the individual players - by definition of course... Mapping those too effects over each other ...this could all end in a hurry, and it may not be a good spring for March snow.  Or ..lol... watch, it'll be a +10 March with a single two day 30" bomb that has nothing to do with blocking - ... Kidding, but blocking or not, 'canon ball season'

image.thumb.png.84def56bc5dc334e737fc0317410679d.png

Sonoran heat release?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

Sonoran heat release?

Hopefully you're kidding ..but gosh no -

no, the use of those products is more symbolic.  They are 'hints' that a warmer regime "might" be formulating and given time, it may bust through the dying AO proxy on the flow.

Which I think the it's been heavily influencing above ~ 50 N much of the winter.

It seems the blocky nature up N is in a weird incongruity wrt to the fast paced progressive flow sliding by underneath to the S. The hemisphere appears unusually strongly split between the Ferrel latitude circulation type ( roughtly above 50 N ...), vs the lower latitudes where the expanded HC is being compressed and we are seeing velocities/ progressive tendencies along the interface - not sure what your level of understanding/background is... but that's all more so than less, observably defining this winter to me.  We don't typically see west limb -NAO blocking nodes with 140kt 500 mb jet streams blowing from Frisco to London underneath - that's unusual..

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Hopefully you're kidding ..but gosh no -

no, the use of those products is more symbolic.  They are 'hints' that a warmer regime "might" be formulating and given time, it may bust through the dying AO proxy on the flow.

Which I think the it's been heavily influencing above ~ 50 N much of the winter.

It seems the blocky nature up N is in a weird incongruity wrt to the fast paced progressive flow sliding by underneath to the S. The hemisphere appears unusually strongly split between the Ferrel latitude circulation type ( roughtly above 50 N ...), vs the lower latitudes where the expanded HC is being compressed and we are seeing velocities/ progressive tendencies along the interface - not sure what your level of understanding/background is... but that's all more so than less, observably defining this winter to me.  We don't typically see west limb -NAO blocking nodes with 140kt 500 mb jet streams blowing from Frisco to London underneath - that's unusual..

Ice just threw his laptop out of the window in disgust..