Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February the climo snow month

Ginx snewx

44 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I'm not entirely sure you are getting my point frankly -

it's not about 2-4 or 3-5 as a snow call - the point is, these have been normalizing coming in from mid range all season.

"Highly doubt" is not a substantive logical counter point to that former fact, and the former fact ( unfortunately ...) is.  Ya gotta give more to offset:

- performance trend

- fast velocity flow/progressivity not lending to bigger payloads

I'm just trying to keep equal consideration for less - maybe call it devil's advocate, only in this case ... the devil is reality .. well, maybe objectivity

Yes I agree no guarantee on a significant storm as most storms have trended less amped and have been sheared by the time they get here.  Just like the Sunday storm was supposed to be a classic SWFE now look at it. 

Just now, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Yes I agree no guarantee on a significant storm as most storms have trended less amped and have been sheared by the time they get here.  Just like the Sunday storm was supposed to be a classic SWFE now look at it. 

That signal was not as strong as the one for Tuesday within 5 days. I know that I never expected much from it.

4 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

True, just extra cautious this year, as some crazy things have happened in guidance close in. 

I completely get what he is saying because we have seen SWs attenuate as they move towards us all season long. But I think its pretty clear that this one will maintain enough strength while crashing into an arctic high for widespread several inches. I think the high is a game changer that really elevates the floor here via isentropic lift. I just don't see the mechanisms for appreciable precip production completely drying up, no pun intended.

Now, I agree that some of these runs, like the 00z EURO, dropping widespread 10-12" are overdone....but widespread 6"+ where it is mostly snow is pretty likely.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I completely get what he is saying because we have seen SWs attenuate as they move towards us all season long. But I think its pretty clear that this one will maintain enough strength while crashing into an arctic high for widespread several inches. I think the high is a game changer that really elevates the floor here via isentropic lift.

Now, I agree that some of these runs, like the 00z EURO, dropping widespread 10-12" are overdone....but widespread 6"+ where it is mostly snow is pretty likely.

Ya great point about the high, that really should help not just for locking in cold but to enhance the snow rates.  You can get some great snow rates in setups like this before the mix moves in (mix down here at least).  

45 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Ya great point about the high, that really should help not just for locking in cold but to enhance the snow rates.  You can get some great snow rates in setups like this before the mix moves in (mix down here at least).  

I envision a wall of snow moving in Tues AM...virga to heavy in ten minutes...BANG. Quick 7", followed by pings, then slot.

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1