• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February the climo snow month

Ginx snewx

Even out here where there is almost no traffic, 12/13/07 was a parking lot everywhere.  That's the standard for 'came in like a wall'.

And yeah... pass on that DFW cold wx please.  Not really interested in how some old heat pumps sitting in fields are gonna hold up to maintain temps at least in the 40s inside the radomes.

55 minutes ago, Hoth said:

One could argue that black holes prey on both matter and time itself, at least from an outside observer's perspective.

It does ... absolutely - so.. maybe it is its only predator for time -

As the curvature tensor of space achieves perpendicularity time asymptotically LIM's to zero. And at that particular zero, it is not 0 in the numeral sense. It is zero as in an unfathomability absence.

Hence why physicist say, for all intents and purposes whatever lurks there no longer exists in the natural universe - so nothing effectively does. 

That's really just ... elegantly disturbing "actually" - haha

I have a hypothesis about time, space and gravity ... It's not a hypothesis, more like Science Fiction - but its that kind of plausible Sci -Fi. Not like "Star Wars" couched in as Science Fiction but isn't. That kind of cinema is beautiful art, but is pure fantasy.  Anyway, imagine the firmament and everything of reality it contains combined, all of it, is really just a synergism produced by a Quantum Mechanical engine. Metaphor, the movie projector, vs the movie it conveys.  The movie ( our frames of referencing ) cannot be used to describe the projector, absolutely. 

That is why General Theory of Relativity and the physics of Quantum Mechanics ...cannot be reconciled ( used to explain the other ).  When the equations are intermingled and solved, you end up with no-no's like 1/ 0 = infinity at the point of singularities ...or at instant prior to the "Big Bang." These are extremes where the "frame" breaks down, and reality ceases to exist - just like the physicists intimate above. 

Well it does... because, that is like passing back through the lens of the Quantum Mechanical 'projector' into the machinery that produced the image .. where has nothing to do with why you love your soul mate ;) ... or why your soul mates evades you. Much less, why one feels hunger or ambition, happy or sad... to why their are planets, stars, galaxies and super clusters of galaxies that when super computers attempt to three- dimensionally facsimilate, what they illustrate in imagery is startlingly indistinguishable from a very high resolution nuclear tomographical layouts of a brain's nuero-tapestry.

Once your perception is inside the projector ... the image no longer exists there.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yep, that is a classic higher end warning SWFE look. Absolutel frigid antecedent airmass and the whole system slams into an arctic high situated near CAR or just north of them.

Not to get into details this far out ... but, like others have probably surmised since you posted this ... that's sort of a 2007 Dec wall event there... 

Ends as freezing rain for an hour to glaze as a protective shield over a foot of pow-pow. 

I remember that happened in Dec... I think 2010 ?  too - we had a forecast for 4-6" snow with a entry temp around 20 F ...and some +PP still lurking up N ...

I'm goin' ...ah, ooh -hmm... yeeeeeeah... 

We had about 10" of 15:1 and when I was driving to work in 1/4 vis down a barren 495 wondering what in the f my company was thinking haulin' us in to work, the car's dash therm was 14! 

So it goes to pingers, then to silver rain that just looked super cooled - haha.  It crusted maybe .15" glaze... But I remember when I got home that evening, shoveling out the walk, the snow under the glazing cap was still powder.  Weird -

That's how you define a SWFE ...  warm air loses ...that's the ballgame

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Love that big Greenland block. Lets keep that into Morch.

mmm.. gonna have to part company here ... haha.  No thanks -

In fact, I don't wanna keep any Greenland butt plug - f that!  ...

Besides, excluding my "super realistic" anachronistic desire to see winter end by March 15 and go 85 F ... It' proven over and over it's too much.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

mmm.. gonna have to part company here ... haha.  No thanks -

In fact, I don't wanna keep any Greenland butt plug - f that!  ...

Besides, excluding my "super realistic" anachronistic desire to see winter end by March 15 and go 85 F ... It' proven over and over it's too much.

Keep the block into mid March....that way it will be timed perfectly to change regimes once we get into late Mar/April. The last thing we want is the blocking to break down at the end of February only to return April 5th and then torment us for another 4-6 weeks. :lol:

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Keep the block into mid March....that way it will be timed perfectly to change regimes once we get into late Mar/April. The last thing we want is the blocking to break down at the end of February only to return April 5th and then torment us for another 4-6 weeks. :lol:

Omg...absolutely this. 

26 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Good point - lol

36 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Problem is mother nature probably won't lol

mm.  nor will the GFS for that matter ... on that date -

I give the model credit though for sensing the weight/ .. inhibition of the BL cold in keeping the lower reflection of that thing well S where the baroclinic field is.. When I saw both the 12z and 18z I thought fo' sho' the 500 mb was gonna run a low up the St Lawrence SeaWay ...but, man - ever seen that much negative tilt that far west (BUF!) and a low 100 mi S of Cape Cod ??

It's like the DPVA out there only has an inverted trough and some piece of shit thundertorm vort turd generates a 999 mb low...

The funny thing is, ..that curls up a pretty good dose of WAA/ pwat air from the deep south...so that whole things is as much isentropic lift as it may be trying to formulate a coastal low.. .

But, if this flow tends to flatten a little and that neg tilt out there were to come farther E and start collocating it's exit/entrance jet mechanics over that hood of that coastal shit I'm telling you the sucker is drilling hole through the planet -

Not impossible... just waiting for your boarding pass and seating assignment fulfillment disappearing over the western horizon    ;)

5 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

mm.  nor will the GFS for that matter ... on that date -

I give the model credit though for sensing the weight/ .. inhibition of the BL cold in keeping the lower reflection of that thing well S where the baroclinic field is.. When I saw both the 12z and 18z I thought fo' sho' the 500 mb was gonna run a low up the St Lawrence SeaWay ...but, man - ever seen that much negative tilt that far west (BUF!) and a low 100 mi S of Cape Cod ??

It's like the DPVA out there only has an inverted trough and some piece of shit thundertorm vort turd generates a 999 mb low...

The funny thing is, ..that curls up a pretty good dose of WAA/ pwat air from the deep south...so that whole things is as much isentropic lift as it may be trying to formulate a coastal low.. .

But, if this flow tends to flatten a little and that neg tilt out there were to come farther E and start collocating it's exit/entrance jet mechanics over that hood of that coastal shit I'm telling you the sucker is drilling hole through the planet -

Not impossible... just waiting for your boarding pass and seating assignment fulfillment disappearing over the western horizon    ;)

Just going to the cape.