• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    acibarich
    Newest Member
    acibarich

January 8th event obs

Transitioned from a mix to all rain in south Durham (near Southpoint mall for those familiar) an hour or so ago. 34.9 currently, which is about 1-2°F cooler than the NAM/HRRR forecast for 8AM.

32 minutes ago, gritsnc said:

36° with some breaks in the clouds where I can see blue sky. Southeast Stokes County.

If you ever hear the name or meet someone with the last name Spainhour, those are my relatives. Most settled in what is now King and Tobaccoville. My greatx6 grandfather built  cabin for his 13 kids and it is in Central Park in King... enjoy the country!!

• Like 1

33 Now With Flurries And Very Light Snow At The Moment With Just Under 1 Inch Of Snow In Danieltown Nc Just South Of Rutherfordton Nc In The Southern Foothills Of Sw Nc.

33.8 and wet this morning. Sigh - was hoping to see maybe a dusting but we couldn’t even do that lol. Looks like a lot of us were just s few degrees too warm.  Nothing like waking up to nothing under a winter storm warning or advisory (although I guess I should be used to it by now). Congrats to those who saw at least a little snow this morning. At this point not really buying and ULL precip here. Good luck to y’all in the Carolinas 

• Sad 1

Just spitting snow here in NE Hickory. The heavier returns are just to my west. However, the motion of the precipitation seems to be shifting more SW to NE. Hopefully, I will get into more solid rates soon.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, olafminesaw said:

I just would like to observe, the HRRR has been a pile of hot garbage. The WRF- ARW has done probably the best so far

None of the globals or short range has done well here