BullCityWx

January 8th event obs

1 minute ago, WSchew said:

Radar is filling back in over Triad. Mix of very light rn/ip/sn starting to fall. Similar to 9-11am this morning, I expect some decent rates between 3-5pm but would be surprised to see any accumulation. I don’t see why RAH is holding onto WSW here, but here’s to hoping...

They claim that we will still see 1-2 inches between now and the end. At least as of an hour or 2 ago

10 minutes ago, sarcean said:

From what I have seen around the Charlotte area so far, my day is ruined and my disappointment is immeasurable. 

This was never our storm (very few are), though it's currently snowing in Cherryville and Bessemer City. Bet the North and West metro flips over in the next half our.

3-9 PM or so was pegged as our main window dating back to yesterday morning.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wow said:

haven't seen a flake 

Looking at radar there is light snow just west and north of the lake so should eventually start snowing there soon. Too warm to really do much.

Just now, Wow said:

will be rain with snow mixed in.. el busto

ULL swinging through eventually, sun setting. I'm thinking rates will fairly quickly overcome for you.

7 minutes ago, Wow said:

will be rain with snow mixed in.. el busto

You're about to change your tune my friend.  Maybe only for 30 minutes, but it's coming.

Been light rain and snow mix for awhile.  Now some big flakes mixing in.  Hoping for some eye candy at least.  Snow from last night has mostly melted.

Will try to send some flakes south to Wow.

5 minutes ago, kvegas-wx said:

You're about to change your tune my friend.  Maybe only for 30 minutes, but it's coming.

This has been the most suspense for half an inch of snow I've ever experienced. I also grew up in snowier climates, so, this is especially tortuous. 

22 minutes ago, CaryWx said:

Greensboro should be switching over in the next hour I would think.

ice just started hitting windows with the wind past 10 mins. Im up at the airport, seeing mod to heavy snow Statesville,MT Airy coming out past 1/2 hour.

Edit: sleet becoming more pronounced/visible (melted flake look)

Made a quick drive from my home in Eden up to Rocky Mount, Va. Rain/snow mix until I crossed the state line and then it flipped to heavy snow. Maybe an inch or so on the ground just south of Rocky Mount. 

Big flakes coming down in Clover, SC - York County. The whole CLT metro is about to change over for a burst before too long. Wind picking up considerably, but doesn't appear much of anything is falling other than a light drizzle.

Drizzle and 36/32 in GSO, heavier precip is falling in the form of sleet currently.   Hoping that changes to snow soon........