WWA advisory out of GSP:
Mecklenburg-Cabarrus-Union NC-Greater Caldwell-Greater Burke-
Eastern McDowell-Greater Rutherford-Eastern Polk-Cherokee-York-
Including the cities of Bethlehem, Ellendale, Millersville,
Taylorsville, Hiddenite, Stony Point, Statesville, Mooresville,
Farmington, Fork Church, Mocksville, Advance, Hickory, Newton,
St. Stephens, Salisbury, Shelby, Kings Mountain, Lincolnton,
Crouse, Gastonia, Charlotte, Concord, Kannapolis, Monroe,
Trinity, Indian Trail, Weddington, Kings Creek, Lenoir, Sawmills,
Granite Falls, Morganton, Pleasant Grove, Valdese, Marion, Nebo,
Dysartsville, Fero, Glenwood, Forest City, Rutherfordton,
Spindale, Tryon, Columbus, Mill Spring, Gaffney, Catawba,
and Rock Hill
311 PM EST Wed Feb 19 2020
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM THURSDAY TO
MIDNIGHT EST THURSDAY NIGHT...
* WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 1 to 2 inches,
with spotty 3 inch accumulations near the I-40 corridor, and
amounts around 1/2 inch southeast of I-85.
* WHERE...Portions of the eastern Upstate of South Carolina as
well as the foothills and Piedmont of western North Carolina.
* WHEN...From 10 AM Thursday to midnight EST Thursday night.
* IMPACTS...Roads will initially be warm and wet, but with
slippery conditions developing as temperatures fall through the
day. The hazardous conditions could impact the evening commute.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Widespread black ice is expected Thursday
night into Friday morning as temperatures fall into the 20s.
Slow down and use caution while traveling.