Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/17 Messy Mix - Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

59 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I'm riding older iron.

My sled is an ‘07, my wife rides a 2011 and my son is on the newest, a 2012.  I love to ride but I would have a hard time justifying the cost of a new one. Even though there is alway some point in the season when I see a brand new sled somewhere out on the trail and start thinking “A payment wouldn’t be that bad. I can afford $150 a month.”  Come May and June though, I’m pretty happy not to be sending that check each month of the non-riding season!

59 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I have a friend who has a ‘17 Sidewinder. MotoSki orange highlights. 137” I think. 200 hp. He got it to ride in Quebec but has been riding it around here more and sort of wishes he has the 129” since our trails are tighter. Nice sled but way more than I need. 

I have an 18 Winder 50th anniversary RTX 129.  It’s fabulous!  I ride in N. Aroostook, which is where the Winder really shines.  206 HP Stock.  But It’s Tuned so it’s substantially more than that.  The performance/power Is totally otherworldly.  

Light snow is done here as Thunderblizzard said...everything added up, close to an inch of (snow/sleet and freezing Rain) sugar coated rock on the ground.  At least it’s white and wintry looking.   

7 hours ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

It's the steepest part of I-84 in Eastern Connecticut and people drive way too fast. It's brutal upgrade and down. I lived right by exit 67 for 8 year's. I've been passed by trucks going 75-85 mph.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Bermuda Triangle. Multiple accidents per week, no matter time of year. Many serious or even deadly 

It's a total lack of enforcement or a concentrated effort to slow things down.  It's known as an accident hot spot but nothing is done.  Just on Sunday I was driving through there doing around 72 and was passed by 100% of the traffic and the a statie passes everyone in the left lane doing 80+ with no lights.  That's setting a good example.  In Springfield there used to be an issue around the Longmeadow Curve until they dedicated a crew to that stretch.  Now traffic slows down and accidents are down because they never know when someone will be there.  Between the lack of speed enforcement and the rest area only open between 8-3:30PM, it's embarrassing.

2 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

It's a total lack of enforcement or a concentrated effort to slow things down.  It's known as an accident hot spot but nothing is done.  Just on Sunday I was driving through there doing around 72 and was passed by 100% of the traffic and the a statie passes everyone in the left lane doing 80+ with no lights.  That's setting a good example.  In Springfield there used to be an issue around the Longmeadow Curve until they dedicated a crew to that stretch.  Now traffic slows down and accidents are down because they never know when someone will be there.  Between the lack of speed enforcement and the rest area only open between 8-3:30PM, it's embarrassing.

Well the thing is it’s not overly curvy or windy. It’s hilly , but that’s no excuse. I mean people drive 80+ all the time in all interstates. There’s more to it than that. They’ve done countless studies on it and can’t come to a conclusion. It’s honestly a little eerie. I drive it almost daily during the week at some point. I often look at it and wonder what’s really going on. Supernatural?

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Well the thing is it’s not overly curvy or windy. It’s hilly , but that’s no excuse. I mean people drive 80+ all the time in all interstates. There’s more to it than that. They’ve done countless studies on it and can’t come to a conclusion. It’s honestly a little eerie. I drive it almost daily during the week at some point. I often look at it and wonder what’s really going on. Supernatural?

There's a stretch of 95 near the Stonington Groton line where there has been a lot of fatalities.  Same deal really nothing but a hill. My mom told me that the first week 95 opened there was a 5 person entire family fatality in that spot. She and my Dad traveled to EB for decades and swear it was a haunted spot as they saw accident after accident. 

9 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

There's a stretch of 95 near the Stonington Groton line where there has been a lot of fatalities.  Same deal really nothing but a hill. My mom told me that the first week 95 opened there was a 5 person entire family fatality in that spot. She and my Dad traveled to EB for decades and swear it was a haunted spot as they saw accident after accident. 

There’s definitely some higher power things going on , in addition to reckless driving 

9 hours ago, mreaves said:

I have a 4 stroke Jag and my wife and son both have 600 ACEs. Mine is heavy but balanced really well with the motor low in the chassis. It handles well and feels lighter than it is. I don’t do off-trail so that doesn’t factor for me. The ACEs are nice and not much heavier than 2 strokes. Great sleds for what they are. My son says he’s seen 75 on his and that’s more than enough for a 15 year old. He keeps saying he wants an Etec and I say he can have one when he can pay for it. 

i saved up my pennies and just bought a 2019 Renegade Enduro 900 Ace. i can't wait till next year when there will be enough snow to ride it. ;)

• Like 1