Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
March 20/21 STORM Obs/Discussion- No Banter

nj2va

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NovaTarHeel said:

35/32 now in Fairfax.  Good to see both those numbers dropping.  Patiently waiting to hear pingers, but all rain for now. 

My temps at home (Fair Oaks) went from 36 to 34 in 1.5 hours this morning. I'm guessing it has dropped more, but I'm inside a school building now.  

3 minutes ago, Kristymac03 said:

Still sleet here but HUGE flakes are mixing in more and more... I'm so freaking giddy. This is what this Florida girl has been waiting for!! Everything is sticking! The treatment for the roads looks to have washed off because its sticking there too! Wish me luck as I walk the kids to school since they never canceled... lmao

Monitor your texts and social media. I sense an early dismissal coming. This was bad timing for FCPS. The sleet started just as HS busses were on route. I dropped my girls at the stop in heavy sleet at 7:30. 

NW of Winchester and I am back over to a snow/sleet mix now. Took the dog for a Jebwalk in some of the biggest snowflakes I have ever seen. Now the snow grains are small. Like you usually see with a long duration event out here. Hard to believe this is just the appetizer. Hopefully destruction coming for everyone tomorrow!

1 minute ago, Mrs.J said:

Monitor your texts and social media. I sense an early dismissal coming. This was bad timing for FCPS. The sleet started just as HS busses were on route. I dropped my girls at the stop in heavy sleet at 7:30. 

Pouring sleet in HoCo.  If I was in charge, kids would not be getting picked up now.

And DANG!  That's awesome, WinterWxLuvr!

7 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Our county announced a 2-hour early dismissal at 5:15 this morning.  My daughter was on the bus just a few minutes when word came that they had changed their minds and would be closing.  Its a 40 minute circuit that the bus makes and she was the last one back off after they turned buses around. 

Archived