Most Online
    Harold
    Newest Member
    Harold
nj2va

March 20/21 STORM Obs/Discussion- No Banter

15 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Is the zone shifting south and east?

At the moment it more looks like it’s getting thinner through HoCo and Baltimore city.

mulch is definitely getting a bit white with sleet here.

Getting a decent push southward of the cold air on the surface. Here in Hanover, PA have gone from 37 at 3:30 am to now 34 at 8:45. Much of that drop was in the last couple of hours and not influenced by precip.

7 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Monitor your texts and social media. I sense an early dismissal coming. This was bad timing for FCPS. The sleet started just as HS busses were on route. I dropped my girls at the stop in heavy sleet at 7:30. 

Our county announced a 2-hour early dismissal at 5:15 this morning.  My daughter was on the bus just a few minutes when word came that they had changed their minds and would be closing.  Its a 40 minute circuit that the bus makes and she was the last one back off after they turned buses around. 

36/Rain in Annapolis.  Saw a little bit of sleet on drive in from Odenton, but all rain by the time arrived in Annapolis.

Just now, supernovasky said:

Freezing rain in Gaithersburg. Got icecicles on all of the trees.

Interesting, wouldn't have expected many FRZA obs. Cool. 

I think once heavier echos get back into the metro we will start to flip. Local stations all hovering around 34.

33/24 with moderate sleet/snow (90/10) in Timonium, west of I83. Rooftops and grass starting to whiten.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

At the moment it more looks like it’s getting thinner through HoCo and Baltimore city.

mulch is definitely getting a bit white with sleet here.

Keep an eye on it because you'd know better than me, but it looks like the snow line is moving southeast quickly now. 

Heavier sleet mixing in at times in NE Baltimore.  Roof and deck starting to whiten up, nothing on pavement yet.

2 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Once this band lifts north it goes back to light rain fast.  

OMG dude. You must be fun on a damn date.

90/10 snow sleet. I thing the pinging is almost done for good out here. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Still rain in Crofton, 35°F. 

Any winter p-types during the day today around here would be gravy, especially since we expect a lull anyway sometime this evening before the second round gets going.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Interesting, wouldn't have expected many FRZA obs. Cool. 

I think once heavier echos get back into the metro we will start to flip. Local stations all hovering around 34.

Gonna post pictures soon. I think it's because surfaces temps are under 32 where I am at but the sleet line has not arrived and seems stalled. This may turn into a serious ice event for me with FZRA if that line doesn't get to me soon.

heavy burst of snow in Hunt Valley, mulch is turning white

confirmed snowflakes at home per a friend up the road from my house. 

• Like 1

31 in Leesburg.  Occasional pingers just turned to more pronounced sleet. Looking at my security camera at my house in inwood, roads are covered! 

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

You love it. Everyone and every minute 

Awesome what a good storm does to the mood on this board. Always has been. Well for everyone except Eskimo Joe anyways.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Please add location to obs manually. Mobile doesn't show profiles. 

33 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Another suggestion:

Add your location when you post obs, as a lot of us browse on our phones and we can't see locations in the mobile view (at least on Safari).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Pouring sleet in HoCo.  If I was in charge, kids would not be getting picked up now.

And DANG!  That's awesome, WinterWxLuvr!

Busses were already on the road before this started. They will get the kids into school until lunch for those who rely on a hot school lunch then will early dismiss. 

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Awesome what a good storm does to the mood on this board. Always has been. Well for everyone except Eskimo Joe anyways.

The initial band seems to cool things off and folks get some pingers or wet flakes trying to mix in.  Once that lifted north I went back to plain rain and the temp spiked to 35.  

• Like 1