Newest Member
    joxey
Super Bowl Slop Storm

Ji

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

@high risk or anyone with more general knowledge than I possess. Can you please explain what the RGEM is seeing that other models are not? Taken verbatim, this would be a serious ice storm down this way. Is it believable and plausible?

zr_acc.us_ma-4.thumb.png.8bc5e714f8118c794a49515b6ab7f582.png

Look at the 2m temp maps.   That run (the RDPS) maintains 2m temps below freezing in that area for longer than the other models.    It's a bit of an outlier, and I'm not familiar enough with that model to say whether it may be on to something.

Just now, Eskimo Joe said:

We've seen it countless times where it looks nice and cold the day before but somehow we flip to 34/32 after an hour of precip.  I'm not holing my breath but it's nice at least see the hi-res guidance stay cold and LWX extending the WWA both in geographic coverage and time.

We've also seen it the other way around where things kick off early and the precip keeps the column longer than expected. I kinda forget what that feels like but I wouldnt be surprised if western folks end up with some upside. I hope they do because even though my yard has sucked, the western folks have really had a run of bad luck this season. 

9 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

We rain while NOVA snows.  Somehow, the dry-hole wasn't enough kick-in-the-nutz, now it's a rain-blob while areas N,E,W,and S snow.  LOL.  This place is cursed.   

It won’t go down like that.  I won’t be spitting snow obs while you are raining.  Never.

Archived