Newest Member
    joxey
February 12/13 SWFE/Coastal Observations

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I'm thinking now rad/activity may fill in rather abruptly later on based on upstream obs..

Currently there's region of action in western NY with hints of arcing back SW along the lake fronts and I suspect ..based on 18z initialization and the first 6 and 12 hours positions that's the nose of the big dawg 500 mb jet max punching SE...  When that gets along LI midnight'ish it probably blossoms briefly with frotogenic banding to the N of it... so yeah - we'll see

I've been watching that area and thinking that is the key for our 3-9z snows....bc lets face it this coastal is going further SE each cycle and slower development. But if the precip shield can blossom nicely on NW flank its all good in the hood.

13 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I'm thinking now rad/activity may fill in rather abruptly later on based on upstream obs..

Currently there's region of action in western NY with hints of arcing back SW along the lake fronts and I suspect ..based on 18z initialization and the first 6 and 12 hours positions that's the nose of the big dawg 500 mb jet max punching SE...  When that gets along LI midnight'ish it probably blossoms briefly with frotogenic banding to the N of it... so yeah - we'll see

Yup. Not over when there's still snow to fill and fall. Nothing wrong with another 1-3

We're getting more wind here in Ayer over the last hour ... Was straight down snow all day, but now there's some swirling under the street lamps - incredibly tedious ob, I know...  Still I find the wind interesting. I don't have access to any meso temp map products; I'm wondering if may there's an ageo push going on.

1 minute ago, summerthyme said:

Going on our sixth hour of driving now. Thought we were going to outrun the snow by now based on radar a couple of hours ago but still coming down moderately to heavily as we make our way into Central New York 

it's been filling/backing on rad...

We're also monitoring a kind of finale burst coming ESE out of the western regions..

Archived