Newest Member
    joxey
February 12/13 SWFE/Coastal Observations

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, DomNH said:

I think you will. I'm going to need to get nicked by the CCB to hit double digits. Not sure if I will but it's possible.

I put it in the possible but not likely category down here, too.

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Yeah box was way to high across the board.... should be a net gain here though.... pack will be bullet proof 

That bullet-proof pack will encounter its kryptonite for a couple days after mid-week.

Ugly, ugly, ugly.

working night shift, went to bed at 10am under cloudy skies

woke up at 5pm to moderate to heavy snow here. walked out into a pile of snow that clearly accumulated quickly this mid afternoon.

8.1 inches in saint albans as of 730pm

looks to be 4-8 across the champlain valley so far...

light to moderate snow ongoing, and another batch of heavier snow later this evening 

will top a foot here, easily will be the biggest synoptic event of the year here.

noted ottawa was also crushed this afternoon with HVY SN from CYOW obs for multiple hours....they are probably 8-10 inches down with some more to come....classic 'dying primary WAA snows'  set up for them.

3 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

It's snowing at Fenway, snowing on the coast nearby, but raining here. Don't even want to hear it. Started off puking dendrites earlier and now can't get out of mix and I'm only losing snow. Fooking torturous. 

Snowing to beat the band a couple miles inland. Sorry...

8 minutes ago, eekuasepinniW said:

Under what should be moderate snow on radar, but it's basically down to just flurries.  Visibility has come way up.

Glad I mentally started backing off over the past 24-36hrs. I don't like relying on my secondaries to redevelop in the GOM. Get them started east of NJ and make sure they're cranking by the time they get up to E MA.

24 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Damaging flurries, what a WSW phail. Overnight forecast now 1-2".

WSW  criteria is 6" and BDL is at 4.5. I wouldn't call it a huge phail considering there could be a couple of bursts overnight.  You're acting like we got 2" or something.  It snowed for 7 hours straight followed by some sleet and than light periodic snowfall with perhaps a couple of bursts into the overnight.  It's only a huge phail if you were buying into the 8-12 numbers which I never was. Box was too aggressive but that seems to be their MO lately. 

Archived