Weathernoob335
February 12/13 SWFE/Coastal Observations

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, MarkO said:

The WV loop Dendrite posted was painful

Models last night had the H5 dryslot making it up to about this latitude...so I don't think it's a model bust. I do think flags should've been up for the overnight period for those under it. Basically you're getting your snow in bursts with crappier growth. The snow should pick back up again sometime after midnight.

10 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

the dam failure in CA is more interesting right now than this storm.

Last night officials said the damn was fine and the emergency spillway would hold...they need to get 60000 people out of the way. Tonight they are saying catastrophic failure is imminent.

10 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Hmmm, NW MA may end up jacking.  Still SN/SN+ with big dendrites and decent radar. 

Yeah--radar's a bit deceptive.  I just went out to the woodpile and was nicely surprised by what's coming down.  I figure when I wake up tomorrow it will all be blowing around so no final measurement is likely.

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Forget it it's lost on them

Of course it's going to suck where 2m temps are progged warm. But it lew chunks up here with a cold column, crappy lift, and dry air aloft. It's a general point anyway...not just this storm. Those were called clown maps for years for a reason.

Archived