joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 21 Obs thread II

stormtracker

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do people feel about the Richmond stuff taking on a N orientation and getting up here?

I'm not the one for a definite answer, but it looks like it's just starting to pivot so it could be interesting when it finally goes negative.

If you drink 4 more the snowflakes will be going even more sideways tonight.

There's a 100% chance of that.

hmm..maybe I'll measure again some other places..though 2.25 seemed accurate

I'm not doing the every hour sweep-and-measure thing, I'm just sticking the ruler on my ... er, deck railing, a table out there, on the deck itself. Then in my front yard. Did it several places. I try to make up in quantity what my measuring "technique" lacks in sophistication. Then again, people to my just to my NW don't seem to be reporting much more, and I'm sure they have received more snow than I have, so ...

Anyway, however much it is, I'm going out sledding in it.

I'm not even sold on a real lull. 95 corridor is in a sweet spot this afternoon. Banding is kinda stationary and now it's filling sw-se. Bands are pulsing mod - +sn but I haven't seen -sn for a couple hours now. 

You were in a great spot this afternoon and even now. There was a lull to light snow here for a bit as that band kind of drifted north over you but the recent filling has been very nice. Very low visibility at times here. Haven't driven anywhere but have taken a few jeb-style walks. 

Bob, awesome pics. I have a 4 wheel drive SUV and tried to get to the gym but had to turn back because of the idiots in their '93 Civics slipping and sliding and blocking major secondary roads.

It's been snowing - sometimes light sometimes heavy - without a break since 10 am IMBY. I shoveled my drive about an hour ago, but it's all covered up. BRING IT!

If you drink 4 more the snowflakes will be going even more sideways tonight.

I'm working on my third and flake size seems to increase with every dead soldier.

So...I'm curious if my intake levels are directly related to flake size or if it is merely coincidence.

Guess there's only one way to find out....

Archived