Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 21 Obs thread II

stormtracker

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Allahu akhbar!

4:15 p.m. update: Reagan National Airport, as of 4 p.m, had picked up 2.1 inches, officially ending the longest 2 inch snowstorm drought on record – dating back almost three years to January 26, 2011.

Lets all join hands now and sing... :hurrbear:

the whole area of precip looks like it's setting up to do the backlash-curl thing and hang around I95 for the evening

http://beta.intellicast.com/National/Radar/Current.aspx?enlarge=true&animate=true

perfect news to my whiny family who went out, measured 2" (somehow) and called it a bust.

i think we have another 1-2"+ in store, if it all holds out.

the whole area of precip looks like it's setting up to do the backlash-curl thing and hang around I95 for the evening

http://beta.intellicast.com/National/Radar/Current.aspx?enlarge=true&animate=true

Yeah, I-95 looks to be in a really nice spot for the rest of this.  Hi-res models have been agreeing with this all day.

Allahu akhbar!

4:15 p.m. update: Reagan National Airport, as of 4 p.m, had picked up 2.1 inches, officially ending the longest 2 inch snowstorm drought on record – dating back almost three years to January 26, 2011.

haha...nice

4:30

7.2 inches 19 degrees.

Just did my second shovel. This was over 3 inches of pure dendrites. I dont think a snow shovel full weighed more than 10 pounds. The perfect fluff. I started this second shovel because the intensity had died down. Of course half way through it sky rocketed right back up. And I have moderate to heavy snow now. Looks like 9 inches is possible.

Radar looks great for our area.  I think 8" is a near-lock. 

It does. The only fly I can think of is losing the best lift as the coastal takes over. I might have spoke too soon earlier when Matt mentioned a lull and I though it may never let up along 95. Time will tell. Even if there's a lull. The corridor would most likely get a going away gift as the low lifts out. 

ETA: when I say lull I just mean a period of light snow with no bursts of mod or +sn

Archived