joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 21 Obs thread II

stormtracker

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does. The only fly I can think of is losing the best lift as the coastal takes over. I might have spoke too soon earlier when Matt mentioned a lull and I though it may never let up along 95. Time will tell. Even if there's a lull. The corridor would most likely get a going away gift as the low lifts out. 

ETA: when I say lull I just mean a period of light snow with no bursts of mod or +sn

The RUC improved from 19z in terms of duration.....The RUC is not exactly a varsity model, but the closer we get the better I feel...it has done pretty well...

am concerned with the fact DC is losing the greens.

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=LWX&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=yes

the returns seem to all be weakening as a whole, but the stuff down south is making a beeline for us and will save the day, with a period of lighter snow....then it's backlash fluff baby and we make up some ground with ratios

Been outside all day. Moderate to heavy rates. Did some errands early afternoon and roads were iffy. Plows can't keep up. Shoveled that damn driveway etc. which is now covered again. Hard to tell how much with the drifting. Awesome event. I love this snow. Just back from a four mile walk with the dog to top it off.

Radar has grown a little bit more splotchy with the heaviest pockets but it looks nice still! :)

Not sure about that...looks to be filling in nicely.

Btw...I'm a little slow on the uptake and not being glued to the computer usually puts me a page or two back with the current posting rates.

Archived