joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 21 Obs thread II

stormtracker

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My call last night was 5.5" at my house, and I think I'll end up just shy of that, but the daylight snowfall and the knowledge that it won't all melt away immediately improve this storm a lot.

you getting decent rates?..I'm not expecting more than another 1/2" or so...And I figure we are done around 8 or a little after

Very light flurries in SBY. Grass dusted but still quite visible; roads damp. NWS swears the costal low is going to pop and give us 4 to 8, but I'm not sure I believe it.

Looks like our snowmaker is on its way.  How much we get out of it remains to be seen, but it looks like things will pick up soon.

you getting decent rates?..I'm not expecting more than another 1/2" or so...And I figure we are done around 8 or a little after

No, it looks like the forcing for our northern stuff is shifting away and we are going to have to steal from the developing low to get much more.  If I'm at 3.5" or 3.75" now, I'm thinking 4.5" is probably a good target.

The Warm temps before the storm was a non factor but the lack of heavy snow was surprising. That's why the storm busted

it was a bit of a factor...warm ground and starting temps a little high...north trend hurt us too as well as flake size....hard to thread the needle here...we did pretty well considering

Archived