• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 21 Obs thread II

stormtracker

zwyts goes back to the early aol days when I couldnt find a SN...everything I tried was taken...so I angrily swiped my hand across the keyboard and that is what came up....it's been in use for 20 years

Ji is Jay Eye. Though some call him Gee since it is short for Jihad. He changed his real name to Jay (imagine trying to get jobs with the name Jihad), but kept Ji..variations have been Ji-Iad and JiLol

Ah, zwyts is totally organic. That's pretty funny and cool. My name is a nick name I got tagged wirh 20 years ago. My circle of friends never even call me Bob. It's either Bob chill or just chill Nothing to do with weather though. I'm just relaxed most of the time.

I had Ji right in my brain and that's some funny history too. He's an amusing person so the history is fitting

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find screen names interesting.  some are pretty easy to figure out why......zwyts wasn't but now I understand.  I picked use to be because it was sort of a bow to "on the Waterfront"  and the phrase I used to be a contender and of course I had retired and I used to be a HPC forecaster.

But you never thought trolls would call you usedtube or you may have reconsidered. Actually Ji has called you much worse so it's probably a fine screen name.

My user name came from a name some jock in high school sometimes called me. Very popular, well-built and athletic, and when he got to know me better he'd call me Foss or Fozz. By the time I signed up on Eastern, which was shortly after high school, I went with Fozz for my screen name.

I agree -- IAD's ratio is an absurd 42.5.  I think its snow total is too high and its precipitation total is too low.  Consider these widely varying ratios among the three major area airports from the reported snow and precipitation amounts:

DCA: 3.8 inches of snow, 0.18 inches of precipitation, ratio 21.1 to 1.

IAD: 8.5 inches of snow, 0.20 inches of precipitation, ratio 42.5 to 1.

BWI: 5.3 inches of snow, 0.42 inches of precipitation, ratio 12.6 to 1.

Only BWI's numbers look correct. Also, with respect to IAD, I live less than five miles to the east and received only about 5 inches of snow.

I see that IAD's precipitation amount has been upgraded to 0.56 inches, but the snow total remains 8.5 inches.  I suppose that's possible, but it's odd that the totals reported by several observers near Dulles were significantly lower. 

I see that IAD's precipitation amount has been upgraded to 0.56 inches, but the snow total remains 8.5 inches.  I suppose that's possible, but it's odd that the totals reported by several observers near Dulles were significantly lower. 

At least that is a more believable 15.1-1 ratio.

No way that 40+ -1 was gonna fly!

Ji is Jay Eye.  Though some call him Gee since it is short for Jihad. He changed his real name to Jay (imagine trying to get jobs with the name Jihad), but kept Ji..variations have been Ji-Iad and JiLol

Not sure I wanted to know that. The voice in my head will be reading his posts like this moving forward....

http://prime.aspserver.net/silence.mp3

I've been Jeb or Jebman on Storm2K, WWBB, Eastern and American. Thats a lot of history. I can still remember being online for the 1st time in December 1999, at the library looking for college-level material on copywriting or on one of the old ad men like Rosser Reeves or David Ogilvy.

Archived