Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Jan 21 Obs thread II

stormtracker

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any hi res snow cover satellite imagery yet?

Here's AQUA at 18:05UTC

http://rapidfire.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/imagery/single.cgi?image=crefl2_143.A2014022180500-2014022181000.250m.jpg

...and here's TERRA at 16:25UTC

http://rapidfire.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/imagery/single.cgi?image=crefl1_143.A2014022162500-2014022163000.250m.jpg

Both decent shots but with a bit of parallax as neither was centered directly over the DC metro area.

Northern neighbor here from Lancaster Co Pa. I received 5" of snow from .43" of liquid which is about 12:1 I was expecting a better ratio but it is what it is.

How is .40 liquid to 10 inches or snow a 40-1 ratio. That would be 16 inches. Sounds more like 25-1 ratio. Somebody needs to go back to math class. Unless I'm the idiot. Anybody agree?

What does zwyts mean anyways? I've always been curious. I'm pretty good with unusual acronyms and slang but not wirh this one.

Also, how do you pronounce Ji? I'm my mind's voice it's J.I. But it could be gee or hi. Could be unstablesnowweenie as well.

zwyts goes back to the early aol days when I couldnt find a SN...everything I tried was taken...so I angrily swiped my hand across the keyboard and that is what came up....it's been in use for 20 years

Ji is Jay Eye.  Though some call him Gee since it is short for Jihad. He changed his real name to Jay (imagine trying to get jobs with the name Jihad), but kept Ji..variations have been Ji-Iad and JiLol

zwyts goes back to the early aol days when I couldnt find a SN...everything I tried was taken...so I angrily swiped my hand across the keyboard and that is what came up....it's been in use for 20 years

Ji is Jay Eye.  Though some call him Gee since it is short for Jihad. He changed his real name to Jay (imagine trying to get jobs with the name Jihad), but kept Ji..variations have been Ji-Iad and JiLol

But with Jihad hate em he would have gotten a great job. Should have kept the name.

I find screen names interesting.  some are pretty easy to figure out why......zwyts wasn't but now I understand.  I picked use to be because it was sort of a bow to "on the Waterfront"  and the phrase I used to be a contender and of course I had retired and I used to be a HPC forecaster.

Archived