• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 21 Obs thread II

stormtracker

nice to see everyone in DC metro enjoying what is likely to be an underperformer...turns out we dont whine too much as long as we dont get totally screwed

I've felt that 4-6" was the most likely in our metro area with upside. Not really an underperformer imo unless you believed the nutty runs. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've felt that 4-6" was the most likely in our metro area with upside. Not really an underperformer imo unless you believed the nutty runs. 

that was my forecast too...maybe I'lll get there....Im <3" now and in a lull...right now I have 0,.25" more than I got on March 25th at 10' ASl on the Potomac

today felt like a real winter storm though...blowing and drifting snow...wind...really cold. It was nice except for never seeing heavy snow

it was nice..I only really worry about complete busts...if I get 3" it is a bust but not the worst ever

Think I will end up at 3-4 inches (Navy Yard) --- I will take it but there is still quite a few more hours of snow to go, even if light, from the way the radar looks. Gonna hope for more but be happy with what we got. Going out to measure the snow, as best I can with the wind, now.

Looks like about 3 inches. This is nearly as much snow as the March 6 2013 concrete snowstorm, which plastered us with 3 and a half inches of slush. Those hours and hours of very fine micron pixie dust cost us in terms of accumulations. It cost us DEARLY.

Never be on the edge of the forcing. Ever. Very small grains of snow take a loooooooooooooooooooong time to accumulate, even at 21 degrees.

eh...we need some real bands...not this 1/4"/hr stuff...we hardly got +SN today and flakes were small....still a fun event, but I would be surprised at 5

My call last night was 5.5" at my house, and I think I'll end up just shy of that, but the daylight snowfall and the knowledge that it won't all melt away immediately improve this storm a lot.

Archived