Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Weekend Rule? Saturday 2/17 - The Icon Storm

DDweatherman

23 minutes ago, Interstate said:

Man. That road got plowed quick. Lol. 

I got about 4 inches and the roads were clear when I woke up. The driveway never caved. 

Yeah the only way my driveway is going to cave is when what is on the solar panels decides to rapid melt. Actually just happened and freaked the cat out who is laying on my other daughters bed. :D

7 hours ago, T. August said:

Not even an inch in Havre de Grace. I had 2” as a benchmark after all of the negative guidance came in and figured that would be realistic. Nope.

Snowing lightly still.

The bay hurts you. Not much better here…. But I swear I hit the hatem bridge and the thermometer on my car often jumps 2 degrees on winter mornings. Common occurrence.  

5 minutes ago, RevWarReenactor said:

The bay hurts you. Not much better here…. But I swear I hit the hatem bridge and the thermometer on my car often jumps 2 degrees on winter mornings. Common occurrence.  

It’s amazing being on the water in the spring and summer but not sure it makes up for it lol.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RevWarReenactor said:

I haven't seen the Bay frozen to any extent since that arctic blast in early 2018.

• Like 1

As a walker-wielding warminista, I'm GLAD!!

All I saw this morning was a dusting on the ivy.

NO impediment to deliveries.

((I take it the Taylor Swift/Jim Cantore has been long since called off...))

For those who have been around a short time, I'm referring to the "Pamela Anderson" non-storm.

2 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

Like 3 days ago I said “we should ignore the south band and focus on the north, history says that’s where the goods will be and the south max will be disappointing”  I let my desire for us not to be shafted influence me too much yesterday. For a time the guidance kept the fgen displaced south of the arctic boundary and indicated two separate legit heavy snow bands. But things converged on a more historically typical outcome with the fgen shifting north with the better thermal gradient along the arctic boundary. I should have seen that coming. I did from 3 days then kidded myself when crunch time came. 

Was coming here to post that you really nailed that. Wild to see that band sit and just absolutely dump. Could have been in the 10-14 inches band, but then again, had that band parked somewhere over us, it was so thin that there would have been a lot of devastated fellow forumers. 

I guess we all learned something from that setup for the future, however.

Ended up with about 3 inches here just eyeballing. Perhaps some compaction but not enough snow for it to matter. I, like you, woke up to a melted driveway lol. WTF. I am so depressed with what’s going on with our climo for snow.

30 minutes ago, rjvanals said:

From 1-2AM last night it was pretty sweet w legit heavy snow here so despite the disappointment in overall totals it wasn't a total bust imby. 

Same. I got good snow for about 45 minutes to an hour, and then another 30-45 of steady snow. If I hadn’t, it would have been a dusting on the grass. Instead, I ended up around 3 inches and all surfaces covered, at least for a time, before the pavement melt began.