Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter 2024

George BM

49 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Someone to knock Kelce on his arse the way he slammed Reid, and ZERO cuts for reaction shots from his girlfriend.

So for the second straight year I watched the SB with family (only 2 games I've watched in these years after no NFL previous 2 or 3). Didn't watch the pre/post or halftime, knew those would be a mess, just hung with family in another area of the house during those. I'll admit that LAST year's game with TS 'cuts' was interesting and a novelty in a way, this year it was just plain dumb and over the top. I'm 1000% sure other players had a wife/GF/mother there, did you see any cuts to them after a play? Anyway, it was a decent game, and a few of the commercials were pretty funny. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

If you’re referring to tonight into tomorrow, it’s looking better.

Bet you were certain the niners would win also

The Niners fought well. They fought hard. Damn those chiefs to hell!

Meanwhile, in other news, there's a meltdown goin on in the NE sub over the ukie. It's nothing short of Glorious!

Need to determine  if the bad fortunes in the NE sub may indeed be a piece of this Hadley cell/fiery base state thing. If so, could be lookin at a deb playbook fifth rule. Lucy's doing her thing in the NE/SNE as well.

We might be southing this thing with willpower after all. Someone here has got 20000 medicloreans, massive Jedi in the making. Reverse March 2001 in progress. NE forecast for 20 inches, Washington wakes up to couple feet snow instead. Might be a deb on Boston.

Encouraging typhoon tip commented posters in ne sub acting like they are on the spectrum. Good times!

In non-snowy news (I'm trying to figure out who the other music needs are here besides @Scarlet Pimpernel, @09-10 analogy, @stormtracker and myself, lol)

Today is the 100th anniversary of the premiere of Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue :D! On February 12, 1924, the world first heard that rising clarinet jazz wail that began the meeting of the classical world with the jazz and blues of the American sound. Now the interesting thing is...the original was only 9 minutes long (apprently it was embellished later) and, according to an article I read, this was a program that Gershwin had initially declined to participate in, lol They put his name on the program anyway, and he was convinced later. And the rest was history :)

Here is the original version heard that day, with Gershwin himself playing:

• Like 3

19 hours ago, RevWarReenactor said:

Setup  shop in New Paltz Ny for the storm. Exciting! I don’t know why more people don’t chase. I was here in a few hours. It’s like nothing compared to the amount of time people spent chasing fictional pattern changes 2 weeks out.

Looking like 8-12. But anything over 6 inches will be a win. 

62CCC63D-8625-4840-83B3-DF8C501A54D8.png

D11C32CD-3F0D-4EB1-8C4E-63F9CF3E61DA.jpeg

You might want to catch an Uber going south

• Like 2

5 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

Putting this here…

last time I recall this much excitement over late model moves was ahead of 12/26/2010…

Nah, by game time the rug was already being pulled. Some of us were in denial of how badly we'd be fringed, but the writing was on the wall.

33 minutes ago, Fozz said:

I caught the tail end of the Super Bowl yesterday. It was a long day getting back from California, but great game. And congrats Taylor :) 

bilal got to work on his handle, finishing and shooting. Other than that, he has good offensive tools

7 hours ago, Terpeast said:

Have you decided yet? Or keep going south?

Yeah ended up in Mahwah. This is a great spot for it but still pretty underwhelming. We have a few inches. Maybe it gets better? Sure is a narrow area that is cold enough enough to stick but not so far north it’s just flurries. They really messed this one up. Lol

Nordic Discussion: Lapland Lake - and who would those people be? 

February 13  Temperatures have stabilized and we are making good progress repairing damage from recent warm weather and rain.  Today we expect to have approximately 10K of XC ski trail open.  Lake Trail and Olavin Uni will be open with fresh grooming and power tilled granular surface.  Vasa and Karhu via Leilan Latu will be open with surface groomed yesterday, they will be firm in the morning softening a bit as temperatures rise into the mid 30s.  No fresh snow here this morning – the storm tracked way south where some people don’t even want the snow.  Forecasts look very good for a moderate snow here Thursday night, right in time to freshen things up for the holiday weekend!

46 minutes ago, dallen7908 said:

Nordic Discussion: Lapland Lake - and who would those people be? 

February 13  Temperatures have stabilized and we are making good progress repairing damage from recent warm weather and rain.  Today we expect to have approximately 10K of XC ski trail open.  Lake Trail and Olavin Uni will be open with fresh grooming and power tilled granular surface.  Vasa and Karhu via Leilan Latu will be open with surface groomed yesterday, they will be firm in the morning softening a bit as temperatures rise into the mid 30s.  No fresh snow here this morning – the storm tracked way south where some people don’t even want the snow.  Forecasts look very good for a moderate snow here Thursday night, right in time to freshen things up for the holiday weekend!

That place is pretty awesome.  Or at least it was when I was there about 30 years ago.  Gorgeous scenery and excellent trails.

4 hours ago, mattie g said:

I’m still so confused about what happened to our mega look we were supposed to be coming into.

Models adjusted more than usual. They had a ridiculous strong 50/50 low signal at 10-13 day lead, that is now a High pressure anomaly on models for the same time. There was also a big N. Pacific Low that was suppose to develop and sustain, and it's pretty weak now.  I've seen what happens a lot, is when the upper latitudes don't match what the models show in the CONUS (they never really showed big cold/trough over the EC), something, somewhere will adjust (lately it's been adjusting warm). 

Euro weeklies have been very little better than trash. I continue to stand by that.. they got January wrong by 4-5 degrees, and now the same thing is happening in late February and March. The LR images brooklynwx kept posting, through March 20th, are going to come to nowhere close to verifying, especially over the Pacific Ocean!  NG futures (where the money is) was 5x more accurate all Winter long. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic