• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tuesday, January 9 Rain and Wind Storm

Weather Will

~2.5” which means I’m approaching 10” since the start of December.  Drought, busted.

Can you imagine if someone had told you that you would have 10 inches of liquid since Nov 20 and no snow by now?
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Weenie 1

49 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Text from bge says I am without power. Plenty of power in middle of towson tho thankfully. Clean sweep round 1 trivia questions. 

It went out again for a minute. Rain almost done here, still pretty gusty though. Congrats on trivia! 

1 minute ago, MN Transplant said:

Unfortunately, yes.  

I would absolutely think that was possible. Decembers are not good for here in Ninos historically, and the pattern usually isn't snowy in the means until mid-Jan, so definitely would believe someone. Also, this is the Mid-Atlantic. We fail better than anywhere east of the Mississippi. We aren't used to it after a mega decade long heater in the grand scheme. 

Watching that line build over northern VA.    It's easy to ignore it given the huge swath of intense rain departing to the east, but if you look closely at the CAMs, there are signals for some isolated heavy cells moving across the area over the next 3-4 hours.     Temperatures should rise ahead of it, and there is a little bit of progged instability.....     Curious to see if these things are anything more than brief heavy rainers.   

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, high risk said:

Watching that line build over northern VA.    It's easy to ignore it given the huge swath of intense rain departing to the east, but if you look closely at the CAMs, there are signals for some isolated heavy cells moving across the area over the next 3-4 hours.     Temperatures should rise ahead of the it, and there is a little bit of propped instability.....     Curious to see if these things are anything more than brief heavy rainers.   

I had actually shut down my radar programs. Worth watching! 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic