• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/10-11 Disco / Obs - Rain/Snow/Wind Event

nj2va

can someone give a rundown for whats changed about this event since last night? heard a lot of doom and gloom and down trending but idk if it's true

I think most people should see snow. Exact totals will come down to banding. Don’t expect any “real” accumulation unless you are in this area’s best spots. Good luck.

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

I know this is lols but I wouldn’t be shocked if places closer to the cities get 1-3” of one of these bands the meso models keep hinting at actually sets up. 
IMG_0218.thumb.png.5462448fa3f59b5cb9ffb404900b532e.png

Need to move that pink finger of fun NW 15 miles and it’s right at my back door.  

5 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I know this is lols but I wouldn’t be shocked if places closer to the cities get 1-3” of one of these bands the meso models keep hinting at actually sets up. 

Interesting that it's been repeatedly showing up right along the fall line for the most part. 

1 minute ago, Kmlwx said:

Interesting that it's been repeatedly showing up right along the fall line for the most part. 

Noticed that too.  It's right on top of the fall line.  We're in the purple, but I'm not going to be holding my breath until it's otg.  Hope someone cashes in with this - the entire MA deserves something.  

20 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

IMG_0218.thumb.png.5462448fa3f59b5cb9ffb404900b532e.png

Pretty much bullseyes MBY. Said it before, but get me something to measure and then let it melt. I don't care - I just want to see something on the ground again.

Ob: Definitely a decent lull in the precip, so the wife and I are headed out for a walk on the Liberty Bell Trail. Nice little jaunt and not many idiots will be out walking/running today.

9 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

With the way the radar is looking, I think there will be lots of haves and have nots with snow. I’m sure radar will fill in as the sfc low forms and moves up the coast, but it won’t be an area wide accumulation event most likely. 

I agree because I think only heavy banding will do anything but the radar looks about like it’s supposed to now

IMG_0219.thumb.png.ff75008dacf340f268fa42f315ac3c73.png
it’s not supposed to really start to look like much until around 7-8pm. That’s when things are supposed to fill in to our southwest.

• Thanks 1