Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 28th Snowstorm Observations

TalcottWx

13 minutes ago, tunafish said:

back edge coming through VT now.  What's supposed to keep this going until late tonight?  GYX has an end time of 2AM here.  Is it the coastal front, or a redevelopment that keeps it going for us through the evening?

Radar is building back over NE NY into VT, You have a trough that extends SE from the ULL low in in upstate NY to the slp offshore with winds out of the east feeding some moisture back west, Models dont have this ending until 1 am or so with the heaviest of the precip just getting underway now for the next 12hrs or so.

RAD_KGYX_N0R_ANI3.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, tunafish said:

back edge coming through VT now.  What's supposed to keep this going until late tonight?  GYX has an end time of 2AM here.  Is it the coastal front, or a redevelopment that keeps it going for us through the evening?

I just had same question, radar still snowing back to about Whiteface in NY but HRRR has measurable lasting until like 7pm here which seems to be a long time from now, ha.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Radar is building back over NE NY into VT, You have a trough that extends SE from the ULL low in in upstate NY to the slp offshore with winds out of the east feeding some moisture back west, Models dont have this ending until 1 am or so with the heaviest of the precip just getting underway now for the next 12hrs or so.

RAD_KGYX_N0R_ANI3.gif

Appreciate the info, filling in my knowledge gaps.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Yeah, looks like 4.6 is gonna do it here. I dont buy that 5.5 in north haven, thats not from me, everything N, S, W of here is right around 4.5 which matches up to what i have. 

Msg to everyone in CT if you can tag me or msg me you final totals that would be great so i can work on a final map.

Screenshot 2023-02-28 104910.png

Final here at 1140' in Burlington will be 8.0".  Had submitted 7" earlier to BOX but once I got out and measured multiple locations 8 was the best avg.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Being a kid going to Woodstock Academy, CT (the town high school) sucks for more reason than one, but the suckiest reason is that they don't have snow days like the old days.  They go right to online learning.

Neighboring school district did online learning. Ours just has a snow day, and we took advantage of it with 2 hours of the most required curriculum ever: sledding.

I'm all for more days of school. The school year should be 210 days long, not 180, but don't take the snow days away!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1