• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2023 Obs/Disco

40/70 Benchmark

Considering all that is immensely distracting at this time ... reasonably high probability that I am the only person on the planet that's thinking about this.

Thursday has 850 mb near 0C ... in pure unabated Equinoxian sun.   Winds are very light, too.  So the 2-meter is 44 on the synoptic products.  The machine numbers don't go out that far. But I've seen it be 60 F in mid February over a snow pack with 0C at 850 mb - not that the boundary layer gets that tall. But the adiabatic assumption is still going to be 70 .. 80% well enough. 

Anyway, bottom line ... major nape day/d-slope dandy.  I could see that being 53 or 54 F with gullies bubbling with quick work of tomorrows snow pack. 

I'm just nerdly enough to think this is interesting -

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mahk_webstah said:

Quite a strong finish this year, and good to get more peeps involved in the fun.  Not really looking forward to this pack staying around for too much longer.

It’s been the worst winter in memory for me.  Strong finish for NNE and the border area of MA.  Most of us in sne have had an awful winter.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, weathafella said:

It’s been the worst winter in memory for me.  Strong finish for NNE and the border area of MA.  Most of us in sne have had an awful winter.

i am just about average for the season, with 90% of it coming after Jan 20. horrific Dec through mid-Jan, mostly horrific Feb, March has been nuts