• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
"We're gonna need a bigger plow..." Massive, persistent singal now emerges discretely in the models, 20th-23rd

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, Spaizzo said:

So I thought it was just going to be breezy and windy… then was notified Seymour closed schools Friday due to impending weather….how bad is it supposed to be??? lol

I mean if worse case scenario is realized great idea. But it will 90% just be a waste of a day off and will piss off parents off even more if winds underperform . We were planning on wrapping Friday and what not while they were in school so much for that. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Euro looks like a snoozer over the interior. Cape and south coast though could get it really good. There's like this micro-low that runs near the Cape that we'll have to watch.

Yup, we know that’s how these work most times.  These produce 1% of the time for the interior.  Is this the time…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

I mean if worse case scenario is realized great idea. But it will 90% just be a waste of a day off and will piss off parents off even more if winds underperform . We were planning on wrapping Friday and what not while they were in school so much for that. 

My parent used to do it Christmas Eve while we were in bed supposedly sleeping, I could hear the paper and scotch tape noises all night til I fell asleep.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Euro looks like a snoozer over the interior. Cape and south coast though could get it really good. There's like this micro-low that runs near the Cape that we'll have to watch.

0z NAM had it going through long island, but since then it has shifted east to the cape. 

I do forget Seymour tends to lose power on a sunny day with a stiff breeze at times too… we have half day in Ansonia I’d be ecstatic to sleep in lol

9 minutes ago, Spaizzo said:

I do forget Seymour tends to lose power on a sunny day with a stiff breeze at times too… we have half day in Ansonia I’d be ecstatic to sleep in lol

Yea lost power at least once every year for several days finally after Isaias in Aug 2020 I bought a full house Generac installed in Jan 2021 and we haven’t lost power since. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Yea lost power at least once every year for several days finally after Isaias in Aug 2020 I bought a full house Generac installed in Jan 2021 and we haven’t lost power since. 

that's like buying a new snowblower on Dec 1st. complete and total jinx :ee:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Didn’t Conway Massachusetts have a tornado with snow on the ground a few years ago?

I don't know about that, but on Thanksgiving Day in 2005 (11/24), there was a confirmed EF1 in Phippsburg and EF0 in (I think) Georgetown, midcoast Maine, during advisory-level snow, 3.7" with low 20s temp at my place, 2-2.5" at the coast.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

Could be quite the ice storm for Portland/Seattle.

Everyone gets all the winter fun but us...fook

Could be nasty for PDX. With a well placed high, the cold air drainage through gorge can be as stubborn as the CAD regions of NE. Pretty common for the them to stay below freezing for 6-12+ hours longer than even the high res models. 

Also, this has been the winter of yore so far for Vancouver. Multiple 10cm+ events, and they just grabbed 30cm yesterday. Another 10-20cm on the way too. Huge events for them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SJonesWX said:

that's like buying a new snowblower on Dec 1st. complete and total jinx :ee:

I bought a new snowblower when this event looked. like a 1-2 footer.  Literally after I got home and arranged delivery date possibilities, the guidance went to crap.  My apologies.  The good news is I can hold off on delivery until my covid is gone.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

We almost never lose power but I'm concerned with lng (to fuel electricity in New England) supply chain this winter and have been considering a Generac.  Total peace of mind whether you're home or away from home.  Haven't pulled the trigger yet.  

32 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Interesting tibbit with this system.

The arctic front just went through Dillon Montana.  The temperature went from 27F to 1F within three minutes.  That is nuts.  

Denver is about to fall off a cliff. They were able to get some compressional warming ahead of the front and managed to hit 50F. Soon a snowstorm and below 0F tonight. 

17 minutes ago, weathafella said:

We almost never lose power but I'm concerned with lng (to fuel electricity in New England) supply chain this winter and have been considering a Generac.  Total peace of mind whether you're home or away from home.  Haven't pulled the trigger yet.  

Pull the plug... Have a 21k Generac... Wonderful peace of mind... Has come in handy over the past 10 years... Don't regret the purchase at all... 

• Like 1