• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
"We're gonna need a bigger plow..." Massive, persistent singal now emerges discretely in the models, 20th-23rd

Typhoon Tip

1 hour ago, UnitedWx said:

Sorry. It's just my personality. The older I get the more the media freaking annoys me. I do appreciate your forecasts and I used to be a weather Watcher for Brad back in the mid 80s. Hell, I still have a Paul Cousins wvit hurricane tracking chart!

I get it. In 17 years here I've never had anyone tell me or even implicitly pressure me to change the forecast.

In fact more often than not if the forecast changes for the worse (tornadoes, more snow, higher winds) it's met with groans and annoyance by everyone in the newsroom as it means more work, longer days, etc. It's sort of funny but it's actually the opposite of what most people probably think goes on. 

• Like 6

We are 67 pages in for a storm with not much (if any) snow for us but from a purely interesting weather perspective this has been an entertaining one to track and discuss. Maybe we get a Christmas miracle inch on the back side as that hell of a cold front comes through. Not often that Arctic air moves into our area from the southwest so there might still be some surprises at the end of this storm. High gusts still on the table in the coastal plain as well. Stay tuned!!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

These are about as impressive as you'll see. Also... 60 knots at top of the mixed layer out of the NW as the storm passes.

GFS may be too well mixed (and NAM too inverted) - but throw in some convection this definitely is worth watching.

FkdfgSjXgAM_wWz?format=png&name=largeFkdfjxFXkAA-B46?format=png&name=large

Yeah we talked about this on text, but there is some crazy stuff going on with this thing. If we see the same sig tomorrow, it’s time to honk.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dryslot said:

Looking kind of wedged for some areas, Trend on guidance has been ticking this a little east with more CAD over NNE.

NAM is the Christmas miracle. Weenie hopes and dreams dependent on persistence of the famous CAD. It’s breezy out there tonight and some friends who got power back yesterday just lost again. A rough 10 days in SW Maine when it’s all said and done. 

• Like 3