Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Preliminarily ... a medium impact partial Miller B, Friday

Typhoon Tip

8 minutes ago, wxmanmitch said:

And it has begun. Some low level easterly flow upslope snow already falling out ahead of the synoptic stuff that has yet to arrive from the southwest. Quite breezy. 29° F.

Expecting a solid 20"+ dump out of this, maybe 25"+. 

Your area looks to do quite well, Congrats.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, wxmanmitch said:

And it has begun. Some low level easterly flow upslope snow already falling out ahead of the synoptic stuff that has yet to arrive from the southwest. Quite breezy. 29° F.

Expecting a solid 20"+ dump out of this, maybe 25"+. 

Just bury everything. Parts , hair, .. everything. Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, MRVexpat said:

Thanks! Interesting but I was more curious to its anecdotal accuracy/usefulness as a high res model.  

Personally I look at it on TT and Pivotal, but I don’t think it has a lot of weight on its own. I believe the biggest use case for many of the WRF based models are being part of the SREF and HREF ensemble forecast packages. I’m sure there are mets here who have more facts to back that up than I do.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I’m getting a little pessimistic for up here. Yeah we’ll get some snow, but I’m starting to feel one of those 33-34° deals where we’re melting 25% of what falls as it accumulates. Hopefully we tick a little cooler at 00z. I don’t want to move 6” of glop.

You have genny ready? You’ll need it for 7-10 days 

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

15 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I’m getting a little pessimistic for up here. Yeah we’ll get some snow, but I’m starting to feel one of those 33-34° deals where we’re melting 25% of what falls as it accumulates. Hopefully we tick a little cooler at 00z. I don’t want to move 6” of glop.

just stepped outside to get the mail and yeah, the rain made me feel not so good. not that I was expecting much down here, but still

18 minutes ago, snowgeek said:

31/27 here in Albany with sleet and zr. Didn’t see that coming.

Yeah, I'm a bit outside of this sub-forum's area, but just wanted to share the disappointment (so far at least) about this storm. We are under WSW and were supposed to get up to 13" by tomorrow, but right now we have about an inch of slop, it's barely snowing and what's on the ground is melting at 35F

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Same here, sitting at 34*. Flurries are currently setting the mood.

• Like 1