Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Preliminarily ... a medium impact partial Miller B, Friday

Typhoon Tip

10 minutes ago, Professional Lurker said:

600' 5 miles from the vt line. It's trying like hell to snow. White rain.

Hoping to dynamically cool. I can only assume that 3-400' above me it's pounding.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

checks out thats VT/NH/MA borders, Bernardston def in the weird doesnt know what it wants to do zone

image.png.0c0789c4c1c5ca8b58ad51ef9d7272ca.png

If modeled track Across S shore of Boston holds There appears to me to be siggy bust potential for a lot of the GYX forecast area South of Jackson NH and the Maine interior CP .

I just wonder if modest rates and barely serviceable temps is gonna get the job done to efficiently accumulate outside of elevations and orographic  assisted areas 

If track holds I think the elevation component and level will be a little higher than most anticipate 

**However if we see a more progressive messenger ticks as the low approaches SNE and if it crosses outer cape cod then the track will probably be suffice to accumulate in many of the aforementioned areas , but rates will still be a potential issue 

25 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

If modeled track Across S shore of Boston holds There appears to me to be siggy bust potential for a lot of the GYX forecast area South of Jackson NH and the Maine interior CP .

I just wonder if modest rates and barely serviceable temps is gonna get the job done to efficiently accumulate . I am skeptical of decent amounts outside of elevations and orographic  assisted areas 

I think the elevation component and level will be a little higher than most anticipate 

**However if we see a more progressive messenger ticks as the low approaches SNE and if it crosses outer cape cod then the track will probably be suffice to accumulate in many of the aforementioned areas 

Oh I know it. I don't see enough reasons to take a sledgehammer to the forecast, instead a scalpel. 

These kinds of a storms (with marginal valley temps) are a PITA to get into the grids. When 1 degree makes the difference between accumulating snow or not, it's hard to find a tool that gives you what you want. It's much more simple to manipulate a coastal front to get the snow totals you want.

Looking at the modeled snow depth products, there is not much to write home about outside of the higher terrain, which gives me visions of Scooter standing on the runway. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Oh I know it. I don't see enough reasons to take a sledgehammer to the forecast, instead a scalpel. 

These kinds of a storms (with marginal valley temps) are a PITA to get into the grids. When 1 degree makes the difference between accumulating snow or not, it's hard to find a tool that gives you what you want. It's much more simple to manipulate a coastal front to get the snow totals you want.

Looking at the modeled snow depth products, there is not much to write home about outside of the higher terrain, which gives me visions of Scooter standing on the runway. 

It’s realistically  a impossible forecast And one that’s very difficult to win lol 

there maybe indications of messenger ticks with regard to SLP/ ML tracks in last euro and nam so should be fun .

Im heading to wildcat 

National Weather Service Boston/Norton MA
334 AM EST Fri Dec 16 2022
...ACCUMULATING SNOWFALL CONFINED TO NORTHWEST HARTFORD COUNTY AND
AT ELEVATIONS AROUND 1000 FT AND HIGHER...

Most of Hartford county will experience rain today and tonight.
The northwest corner of the county where elevations are at or
greater than 1000 ft, temperatures will be cold enough to support
heavy wet snow. Storm total snow accumulations of 3-6 inches are
possible in this small area of the county, including the town of
Hartland. Isolated amounts up to 8 inches are possible toward
the Litchfield and Hampden county lines.

Heaviest snow falls late today. The combination of heavy wet snow
and gusty northeast winds, may result in power outages in this
region. In addition, snow covered roads will make for treacherous
travel conditions.
BL

7 minutes ago, TalcottWx said:

National Weather Service Boston/Norton MA
334 AM EST Fri Dec 16 2022
...ACCUMULATING SNOWFALL CONFINED TO NORTHWEST HARTFORD COUNTY AND
AT ELEVATIONS AROUND 1000 FT AND HIGHER...

Most of Hartford county will experience rain today and tonight.
The northwest corner of the county where elevations are at or
greater than 1000 ft, temperatures will be cold enough to support
heavy wet snow. Storm total snow accumulations of 3-6 inches are
possible in this small area of the county, including the town of
Hartland. Isolated amounts up to 8 inches are possible toward
the Litchfield and Hampden county lines.

Heaviest snow falls late today. The combination of heavy wet snow
and gusty northeast winds, may result in power outages in this
region. In addition, snow covered roads will make for treacherous
travel conditions.
BL

Grab the car , the edibles and let’s see 

3 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

We got some cold bleeding down now from the NNE in ASH . Could be interesting commute for ASH to MHT . Down to 35 . 32 MHT now from 37

Wonder if the cold will bleed down Into N orh hills next hour or so 

They need winds to back for sure. That might be why the models had a big gradient there. 

4 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

We got some cold bleeding down now from the NNE in ASH . Could be interesting commute for ASH to MHT . Down to 35 . 32 MHT now from 37

Wonder if the cold will bleed down Into N orh hills next hour or so 

If that holds, Phil is coming for MHT areas, especially higher up west of town. 

53 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Looks like some boundary about 3 miles North of me here in trashua , NH . 33 in Merrimack , 33 in Amherst NH 38 ASH. Leaving shortly to drive north 

wonder if that area around MHT and just South and SW can get in on a thump 

I’m in London but hubby says as he drove south that Manchester was the rain snow line as of 5am.  He said viz was low and driving was slow coming down 93 from exit 17

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1