• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Preliminarily ... a medium impact partial Miller B, Friday

Typhoon Tip

35/32 and apparently virga, I expect snow to begin falling any minute here, if not starting as liquid for a while until we wetbulb, but I can already feel it dropping over the last hour from 38, and a bit of a breeze starting, radar looks stout south of LI, we redevelopment? any pressure readings from offshore showing that?

37 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Coops crushed 

I usually put a tarp over it, and part of the run, so they can get out until I clean their area to scratch and peck at stuff, but I leave the snow on the coop as insulation during winter, hopefully they start producing more soon, been molting since early October, now they see white they clam up with the protein

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tavwtby said:

yeah that area looks to get hammered, I'd probably take the under on that though, and say 24"

Definitely my guess for them would be low to mid 20’s

Some town in S dacks or  N Catskills May jack but I just threw out savoy for shiats and giggles , I mean could be a number of spots in NY, VT etc

• Like 1

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Definitely my guess for them would be low to mid 20’s

Some town in S dacks on N Catskills May jack but I just threw out savoy for shiats and giggles 

that would have been my choice of jack too, and to boot, next week also looks great for them, could have a 48" base for Christmas around those parts, already like 6-8 otg no?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Looking at radar even though it's misting here looks like it may start as snow. 

The radar is going to look snowy for a long time because aloft supports snow until around midday there. It’ll lose the snow texture in CT a bit earlier but the problem in this event for a good chunk of it is low level temps and not aloft…much of the precip is done by the time 850-875 warm above freezing. 

The radar is shooting that beam a few thousand feet aloft by the time it reaches central areas. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The radar is going to look snowy for a long time because aloft supports snow until around midday there. It’ll lose the snow texture in CT a bit earlier but the problem in this event for a good chunk of it is low level temps and not aloft…much of the precip is done by the time 850-875 warm above freezing. 

The radar is shooting that beam a few thousand feet aloft by the time it reaches central areas. 

We will end up net positive on snow?