Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Preliminarily ... a medium impact partial Miller B, Friday

Typhoon Tip

9 minutes ago, met_fan said:

How do they even measure snow in a plains blizzard?

The same way they measure precip at KMWN.

6.66" for Irene IIRC, I was chatting with staff and they said "yeah that seemed like a pretty good guess."

29" on the North Shore and still coming down. A friend who works for NWS DLH has slept at the office the last couple of nights :)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I think I’m going with a ride to wildcat manana , ski Friday stay at Glenn house (1600’) ski Saturday . I don’t see many ways that get less than 8-10” and probably more like 12-20

Wildcat or Sunapee would be my two top spots in NH in this storm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, tunafish said:

What's it locking onto that the others aren't?

Looks to be eyeing on stronger lift within the DGZ zone. I don't totally buy an all snow-event for Portland though given some onshore flow and temps spiking up a bit, however, during bursts of stronger lift there could be flips to heavy snow or at least a mix. I think though rain could quickly flip to snow moving into evening as winds become more NE.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Looks to be eyeing on stronger lift within the DGZ zone. I don't totally buy an all snow-event for Portland though given some onshore flow and temps spiking up a bit, however, during bursts of stronger lift there could be flips to heavy snow or at least a mix. I think though rain could quickly flip to snow moving into evening as winds become more NE.

Appreciate the explanation!

Trying to figure out when, and how incessantly, I need to be watching for changes to snow Friday evening for official obs purposes.